News:

• March 29, 2024, 03:39:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NCS on facebook  (Read 2860 times)

Offline Bob Heywood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
NCS on facebook
« on: March 24, 2015, 12:06:01 PM »
The Navy Carrier Society now has a dedicated Group on facebook. Our facebook Group is an initiative intended to promote Navy Carrier to a broad market.  All with an interest in C/L Navy Carrier are encouraged to join.
The Group provides a great opportunity to share news, ideas, and just about anything else related to Carrier with modelers worldwide. Photos are especially welcome.
Simply search facebook for “Navy Carrier Society” and click on the < + JOIN GROUP > box. When your request is received I’ll send an acknowledgement that you are a member of the group.
"Clockwise Forever..."

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: NCS on facebook
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 02:09:45 PM »
Why not use this forum.   I don't do facebook.   
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline eric david conley

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 02:54:04 PM »
     I don't belong either Doc and never wanted to, I pictured it as selling another part of my soul. So I broke down and joined just now and am now trying without much success to hook up with the NCS. Oh well, it was just a tiny bit of my soul as most of it was traded away long ago. Eric
Eric

Offline Mike Anderson

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 03:29:46 PM »
I had a Navy Carrier Yahoo Group that had an initial flurry of traffic, but it died out and I just recently deleted it.  This forum had an initial flurry of activity but it has pretty much gone dormant for large blocks of time.  I would guess that facebook board will do likewise.  I don't do facebook either, so please be sure and let us know if anything interesting comes up.
Mike@   AMA 10086
Central Iowa

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 05:23:29 PM »
I wont do facebook either!  Not now, not ever!  Personal reasons revolving around my Granddaughter's serious attack.  This site is now read all over the World without the problems related to "Social Media" sites.
Joe
I only enter contests so somebody else is not always in last place

Offline john vlna

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 08:58:10 AM »
I don't use facebook either. Have a account that i only got for one grandson which i no longer use. Why not encourage this forum, easy to use and there are a lot of carrier fliers already on board.

john

Offline BillCalkins

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 07:24:46 PM »
I do use facebook, I just limit my friends list and who can see what.
Bill Calkins

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 07:35:58 PM »
     Bill can you give us the reason the New NCS web site was never finished. I was so looking forward to the new sight just after Dick Perry took office. I know it was started but then never finished.  Eric
Eric

Offline Peter Mazur

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 07:07:15 AM »
Bill has gotten swamped with other things and has passed responsibility for the web site on. Dick Perry has a volunteer to take over the project and we may see a refurbished web site coming in the near future.
Pete

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 07:50:53 AM »
     Thanks for the information Pete. Thanks to Bill for a valiant effort and some of the very important piece's he posted in the web site (scoring program just to name one) over the last couple of years.  Eric
Eric

Offline BillCalkins

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 08:45:12 PM »
Have you ever heard the term Busman's Holiday? I am a programmer and do this just about every single day. However I am looking at retirement and can update stuff later this year.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here