News:

• April 25, 2024, 04:37:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Left hand props  (Read 2336 times)

Jim Roselle

• Trade Count: (0)
Left hand props
« on: March 01, 2015, 07:55:03 PM »
Does anyone know of a good source for left hand 1/2a props?

Thank you,

Jim

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Left hand props
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 08:45:10 PM »
I got some from Tom Wilk.  $5 each, unfinished.  Some hand work needed.   I have yet to run them.   Depending on my work, they should be good.
Paul Smith

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 08:53:27 PM »
Cox International has them back is stock.

http://coxengines.ca/
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Pat Curry

• New Pilot
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 04:57:46 PM »
What are you using those on Jim?  I've got to order some right hand props, but I've got some left hand props and I was wondering if I could just swap out to a left hand starter spring and use them on my C/L models, or if they would make the models torque inwards or something. 

Jim Roselle

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 04:45:34 PM »
What are you using those on Jim?  I've got to order some right hand props, but I've got some left hand props and I was wondering if I could just swap out to a left hand starter spring and use them on my C/L models, or if they would make the models torque inwards or something. 

Pat,

I was going to use them on a scale project but am going another way now. Definitely use them with a left hand starter, they will torque the model out wards.

Jim

Offline Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 05:20:32 PM »
Zinger has 7 inch diameter reverse pitch props with 3 inch and 3.5 inch pitches.  This gives you something to start with if the size does not suit your application.  As with many of the Zinger props, they have good wood and they make excellent prop kits.

Keith

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 09:35:23 PM »
A few years ago I ordered some 3-blade 5/3 reverse rotation props from Cox International because I was contemplating a 1/2A profile twin Curtiss 'pusher'.  That didn't happen, so I mailed the props to a friend who was planning an even more exotic design: Northrop XB-35 (which also hasn't yet happened).  Cox Int'l may still stock them.  Might be worth a try.
FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here