News:

• April 24, 2024, 04:34:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cambell Custom Kits  (Read 2968 times)

Offline Jay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • 1 Cross +3 Nails= 4 Given
Cambell Custom Kits
« on: February 25, 2015, 09:50:57 PM »
Cambell Custom Kits has a new owner.

25th February 2015

PRESS RELEASE

Retro RC LLC is pleased to announce the acquisition of Campbell’s Custom Kits and Brand X Kits, due to the retirement of their founder, Lee Campbell.
While all designs will be converted to fully laser-cut kits as stock of each is exhausted, we will be keeping Lee’s legacy alive by continuing to sell them under the Campbell’s Custom Kits name.

We will offer Campbell’s line of full kits, short kits and plans, including Hand Launch Gliders, Catapult Launch Gliders, Tow Line Gliders, indoor and outdoor Rubber Power models and Competition Gas models (many of which are suitable for electric conversion).  Some of his most well-known kits include, Jabberwock, Gollywock, Polly, BoWeevil, Sweepette, Thermal Piglet, Straight Up, Souper 30, Jesse James, 1/2A T-Bord, 1/2A Maverick, Sloworm 300, Smith Mulvihill, Lanzo Stick, and many more.

We will also carry many of the accessories and supplies that Lee offered, including rubber bands, DT fuse, props, timers, flying accessories, rubber etc..

As these kits become available for shipping, they will be added to Retro RC’s website www.RetroRC.us.com , on the “Campbell’s Custom Kits” page.

Sincerely

Mark Freeland
Retro RC LLC

PO box 193
Keego Harbor, MI 48320
www.RetroRC.us.com
Tel. (248) 212-9666
email: Mark-Freeland@sbcglobal.net
My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.
Albert Einstein

Offline SteveMoon

• 2013 Supporter
  • Captain
    • www.ultrahobbyproducts.com
Re: Cambell Custom Kits
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 11:13:21 PM »
This is great news. Over the years I have built almost
everyone of Campbell's HLGs. Great flying planes. I have
also visited the Retro RC booth at the Toledo show several
times. Good guys who turn out fine products.

Steve

Offline kenneth cook

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 04:07:55 PM »
        I love the gliders. I've been looking for the Merlin. Are all of them still going to be available?

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 04:24:37 PM »
What about the "Dina Moe"?  H^^  I probably didn't spell that right but you get the idea..........I think!

Jerry

Offline Balsa Butcher

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • High Desert Flier
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 06:12:51 PM »
Probably not the Dyna-Mo, it never was in the original Campbell's line-up...but wait!, there is one available in the classifieds as I am typing this AND for a very reasonable price. Me, I'll go for a few HLGs and a Comet Phantom Fury if it makes the cut.  8)
Pete Cunha
Sacramento CA.
AMA 57499

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here