News:

• March 28, 2024, 03:50:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Laying here bored  (Read 5680 times)

Offline EddyR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Laying here bored
« on: January 29, 2015, 07:46:35 AM »
I am in the hospital waiting for them on come and get me.  They are going to open a artery in my right leg. I have had bad pain in leg and foot for a long time.  Could walk a short distance and pain started. Flying was not to bad.
Ed
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Online David Hoover

• Commander
Re: Laying here bored
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 07:55:43 AM »
All the best, Eddy.  I hope that your surgery and recovery go well and you're soon back out there with the handle in your hand.
Life is simple. Eat. Sleep. Fly!
Best, Hoovie

Offline Carl Cisneros

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 08:04:08 AM »
Hope all goes well Eddy.
What ever you do, don't eat the Jello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LL~
Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB

Offline De Hill

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 08:21:41 AM »
Hi Eddy,

Are they going to use a laser or put in a stint?
De Hill

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 08:42:36 AM »
He's probably out cold dreaming of wing overs right about now. Get well soon.

MM

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 08:45:41 AM »
All the best to you Ed.
AMA 7544

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 08:48:13 AM »
Best wishes for a complete and quick recovery, Ed!

Thanks!
BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 10:41:42 AM »
I was awake the  entire time. Mild pain at the insertion post.  I have not talked with the doctor yet.  
EddyR
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 03:25:45 PM by EddyR »

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 12:35:07 PM »
Well follow doctors orders and the nurses also.   Hope all goes well for you. 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 03:35:05 PM »
Well I am back home. My artery was OK except for one spot and that had a  opening  the size of a piece of string. No stent , they cleaned out the spot and then used a balloon to open it more. He said my leg may swell for a few days as the artery and veins below the blockage may have enlarged trying to get blood. It will all return to normal in a few days. I still have worn out knees but I have had that for so long that I live with it.   #^ #^ #^ #^ #^ #^
EddyR

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 06:37:11 PM »
Good to know it went well Ed.  H^^
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 07:41:59 PM »
Good news Eddy and I too understand about the knees going.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Eric Viglione

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 06:29:50 AM »
Hey Eddy! Sorry I didnt see this sooner. Spent the night in the ER with Mom last night till the wee hours. She fell and cracked her head. They stitched her up and kept her in NICU last night with a neuro surgeon on call, just in case. Glad to hear the leg went well. Hope you are up and around soon. I'll try and catch up with you later.
Eric

Offline Don Jenkins

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2015, 06:36:55 AM »
Ed,

Glad to hear every thing went well!!  The wife and I have been battling the Flu for the past several days, but we are on the mend.  Let me know when your ready to fly!!

Don

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 07:55:19 AM »
 Thanks everyone for the get well greetings.  I feel fine but sore at the groin where they entered. My right foot was hot last night,so hot it was red. I had one cold foot and one with the heat turned up. I will wait to tomorrow to take a long walk and see if I can do it with out sudden pain in the leg. I am going to get back into a bike riding routine as soon as the weather breaks.  I am desperate to do some walking in the mountains as they are only 75 miles from me but it is very cold up there now. As I sit here is is bright and sunny out but only 40 degrees and very windy.
 I have had it I am going for a walk down the street. ~^ VD~
Ed  

Just added this later in the day.
 I took two walks and the pain that came up before did not appear. So I can walk at least 1/4 mile now. My limit before was 100 ft.
Ed

« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 12:11:09 PM by EddyR »

Online Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 08:11:47 AM »
Way to go, Ed, that's the attitude!  Ya can't keep a good man down!
Be blessed,
Will
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 07:48:07 PM »
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Eddy - I for one have really enjoyed many of your posts!

Dennis
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2015, 11:14:20 AM »
Glad you are feeling better Eddy.  Didn't you post some pictures a while back of an old jet-style stunter that would be Old-Time eligible?  Did you ever find the plans?

Scott 

Offline Carl Cisneros

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2015, 12:27:58 PM »
Eddy;
If you did/do have then, PLEASE let Scott know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :)

also, don't push yourself too hard too early.
Believe me in know, had my right hip replaced 4 yrs. ago and went thru the same
staying in the house not being able to do much of anything deal..................

Do what the Doc says..............  ~>
Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2015, 03:18:38 PM »
Thanks everyone for the get well greetings.  I feel fine but sore at the groin where they entered. My right foot was hot last night,so hot it was red. I had one cold foot and one with the heat turned up. I will wait to tomorrow to take a long walk and see if I can do it with out sudden pain in the leg. I am going to get back into a bike riding routine as soon as the weather breaks.  I am desperate to do some walking in the mountains as they are only 75 miles from me but it is very cold up there now. As I sit here is is bright and sunny out but only 40 degrees and very windy.
 I have had it I am going for a walk down the street. ~^ VD~
Ed  

Just added this later in the day.
 I took two walks and the pain that came up before did not appear. So I can walk at least 1/4 mile now. My limit before was 100 ft.
Ed

Shoot!!  Why waste time walking through some mountains where a bear might get'cha??  I say, grab a C Speed ship, strap on a 6 ounce tank, fire it up and lock y'er hand to the pole!!  You'll exercise 'dat leg, git'cha pulse rate up, improve y'er digestion, free y'er bowels and give all y'er buddies a fit of hysterical laughter!!  R.OT.F.L.M.B.O.!!

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2015, 03:30:53 PM »
not sure about the other stuff, but probably will free y'er bowels!!

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2015, 03:48:01 PM »
 Pain is gone. I have walked some lone walks and no burning pain. The bad knee still hurts but I have lived with that a long time. Before after 100 ft I could go no farther. After 5 minutes all pain would go away. The muscle was screaming for blood. The odd thing is my main artery was OK except for one spot that was shut down the size of a piece of string.
  Scott I never drew plans of the old Jet stunt plane build by Mr Waldorf in 1952
Here is a picture of it the day I picked it up. It had been in this same spot since 1958. In 1958  I flew it to see how it flew and we put it back on the wall. The bellcrank is in the wrong place and the plane flys with the nose pointed out.  I 1965 I built a similar plane,I still have it, and put the bellcrank near the trailing edge and it flew fine.
Ed

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2015, 05:22:09 AM »
Ed:

The problem with the plane is that with a swept wing the lead-outs probably need to be way forward of where they are.   That's why it flew nose out.  I have noticed that on some of the jet-style stunters a boom extends forward from the leading edge at the wing tip to hold the lead-outs and get them into the right place, far enough forward, to make the plane fly tangential to the circle.

Also, the swept wing also gives you a much longer nose moment.  It probably needs a bunch of tail weight to be balanced and responsive.  Of course, once you add sufficient tail weight to get it to balance it will probably be too heavy to fly very well.  Oh well.  I still think that it is a neat plane.  I wish you would take a shot at drawing up the plans for it so we can fly it in Old-Time.

Get well!

Scott

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2015, 07:19:00 AM »
Scott
   You are correct, that is what is needed. I did quite a bit of work on the Jet after I got it so I could fly it again. I changed out the leadouts and  installed solids. I repaired one broken hinge. Removed the tank and built a custom one. I moved the back leadout forward as far as possible. Replaced the elevator control horns.
 I did fly the Jet and it was OK but still needed work. I could have made it work but I was afraid of the home made elevator hinges breaking. One broke when I flew it back in the 1950's and they were in very bad condition. I didn't feel it was worth taking a chance of crashing the model as it is a piece of early CL modeling. I did a lot of cutting on it but I put it all back together and you would not know I had it apart. The plane is not heavy. It could be built at less that 30 ounces easily.
Ed

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2015, 02:59:21 PM »
Good news Eddy and I too understand about the knees going.

Hi Guys,

I have had bone on bone for 42 years now in my right knee.  I see an orthopedic surgeon on the 11th to finally get it replaced.  They can't fix it, nothing much left to fix! LOL!!  I expect it to really help me getting around.

Glad to hear you are doing so well, Ed!

Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2015, 06:05:23 AM »
Ed:

Looking at the pictures you posted and noting the position of the main gear in the wing, that plane must be pretty nose heavy.  Just as a rough calculation, if I draw an imaginary line about 20% back from the leading edge and go out that line about halfway, that should be the approximate position of the balance point.  (And this is a pretty rough approximation as it assumes constant chord wing, but that wing doesn't look to taper too much.)  It appears that the main gear is forward of that balance point.  No?

(I sure wish I could get you to pull that plane off the wall and start drawing it up...)

Scott

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2015, 07:17:42 AM »
Scott
 Here are three Jet models. Waldorf's Jet as it is today. My Jet and a old kit Jet that someone showed up at the field with. My plane was built to fix the problems with the Waldorf plane. Mine has more sweep but the nose and tail moments are correct for the swept wing. It flys very good. I built mine in 1964-5 and Waldorf flew it and he liked it a lot. He was a very good non contest flyer.
  Scott if you will build it I will draw you a set of plans,no charge. I do have plans for my Jet but have never released them to anyone. They will not be cad but they are well done.
Ed

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2015, 07:20:05 AM »
Had to add them here
Ed

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2015, 07:33:24 AM »
Ed:

Is the picture "July 4th Accord rebecca with flower 003" the Waldorf jet or your jet?  The Waldorf jet is Old-Time legal, correct?  But yours would only be Classic elgible?

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2015, 12:35:12 PM »
Scott

The July photo is the OTL legal jet. I believe with the proper leadout and bellcrank location it would fly fine. Old time does not require a super stunter. If I was to build one I would use my light Rustler RE motor in it.It was Fox .35 powered and had tail weight in it.
 My model of the Jet is a lot more complicated because of the flaps. It is classic legal. The bellcrank pivot is in the center of the wing so the leadouts are 90 degrees to the body. I am going to build another of My jet and use ST .51 in it. It was powered by a Fox 59 when new. I have photos of two versions of this plane. The other one flew better and I wore it out so this one is left.
 Here is a picture of the other one in built 1966. Better airfoil,larger but shorter flaps, only a small amount of wing offset. Powered buy a Enaya .29 but that was soon replaced with the Fox .59  ~^
Ed

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2015, 06:25:24 AM »
Ed:

Can't promise I'd build it any time soon (ask my building buddies about my plane back-up: I have at least 8 at various stages of being built and waiting to get done.)  But, a new Old-Time stunt ship is hard to find and I'm sure that someone would want to build it!  C'mon!  Get out those drawing pencils and start sketching.  Please!  I bet Bob Hunt would love to publish it in Stunt News.  And Control Line World would probably want it too!

Scott

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here