News:

• April 24, 2024, 10:46:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: So nice today  (Read 446 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
So nice today
« on: January 27, 2015, 07:22:48 PM »
As the title says, it was so nice today and I didn't go to the field to fly.   What with family and grandkids and worst of all sleeping too late I didn't make it to the field.   Did get work done on planes.   The canard is now in one piece again.   Couple more coats of dope on the Chupim20.   Trial fitted the wing on the scale racer(pictures in racing section).   But,  when I got home from taking granddaughter to work I pulled the old Renegade off the hook to see if the K&B Greenhead would run.   Run it did and also showed me all the corrosion that was in the tank.   Cleaned the filter about four times before I called it good.   The old K&B never got tight,  it would just quit when the filter got plugged up.   Wonder if Perfect still makes these old filters.   Oh, I know RSM has the same type filter in blue.   Any way now I need to make a set of lines and have it with me when I'm at the field and someone else is there to launch,  Right Dave.   By the way the one pic is not as bad as it looks as it was the back edge of the prop got me trying to adjust the needle.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: So nice today
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 08:24:17 PM »
Dang sorry it got ya Doc.  I did run out for a quick flight and stayed for six patterns.  Hope we get so lucky next week.  If that Greenhead has problems I have several.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here