News:

• April 23, 2024, 08:19:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Loss of Flying Models  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Ty Marcucci

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Loss of Flying Models
« on: January 23, 2015, 01:00:49 PM »
With the end of that great magazine. like a few others. I subscribed to Aero Modeler out of Merry Olde England. Paid via Paypal, GBL. Lots of loot.
 Tons of great stuff. So I recommend subscribing if you can spare the gold. Well worth it.  I have also obtained a few via the ebay route, back issues, some with the full size plans still in the magazine. y1 #^ #^ H^^
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 10:11:06 AM by Ty Marcucci »
Ty Marcucci

Offline rustler

• Captain
Re: Loss of Flying Models
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 02:08:52 PM »
As of 2015, Aeromodeller has gone monthly, - 12 issues per year. So far not too bad. New editor is Andrew Boddington, son of Dave Boddington.
Ian Russell.
[I can remember the schedule o.k., the problem is remembering what was the last manoeuvre I just flew!].

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 02:32:52 PM »
  The monthly issues actually started with the November 2014 issue. I was buying it at a local Books-A-Million book store, but it was always late and they haven't gotten the December 2014 issue yet. So, I went ahead and got a subscription and asked them to back date it to the December issue. I got an email from them that said they would do that and were putting the issues I need in the mail. This just transpired so I haven't got them yet. It does look like a good magazine, and if they ever figure out a way to market/distribute it in this country at acheaper price, I think they will sell them. The biggest cost addition to the subscription is the extra postage they charge. When I subscribed back in the 80's and 90's they didn't do that.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline pipemakermike

• 2014 Supporters
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 03:03:07 PM »
I have been a subscriber to Aeromodeller in its new incarnation since it came back and it has been getting consistantly better with every issue.  I am hoperul that it will continue to go from strength to strength as it caters for the real aeromodeller rather than the model flyer who doesn't want to be bothered with all that building stuff.
Regards
Mike Nelson

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 09:54:56 PM »
 Is there quite a bit of C/L stuff in them? Are there actual build articles (whether it be C/L or R/C) or is it mostly packed with ARF and Quad copter garbage?

Coincidentally, I was just thinking a couple evenings ago how much I miss getting my monthly FM in the mail. :'(
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline pipemakermike

• 2014 Supporters
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 04:01:33 AM »
Is there quite a bit of C/L stuff in them? Are there actual build articles (whether it be C/L or R/C) or is it mostly packed with ARF and Quad copter garbage?
Hi Wayne
The Aeromodeller is full of freeflight, controline, vintage, engine reports, how-to's etc.  Here is a scan on the November 2014 contents page.  I will add others later
Regards
Mike Nelson

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 08:23:35 AM »
the only reason I subscribed to aeromoddellor back then was to keep up to date on f2c..    sorry caps button ties up keyboard.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline pipemakermike

• 2014 Supporters
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 09:54:37 AM »
the only reason I subscribed to aeromoddellor back then was to keep up to date on f2c..    sorry caps button ties up keyboard.

Yes F2c seems to be dying in the UK we have no really competative teams currently and I would think that the new rule changes will hammer the last mail in the coffin.
Regards
Mike Nelson

Online Carl Cisneros

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 10:28:23 AM »
I like that EE ZEE #^
Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB

Offline rustler

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 05:15:12 PM »
The biggest cost addition to the subscription is the extra postage they charge. When I subscribed back in the 80's and 90's they didn't do that.   Dan McEntee

I don't think there's much "they" can do about that. The post charges are down to the post office. There may be some special deals for bulk commercial items, but the bottom line is post charges have gone through the roof, especially if the item is going out of the country.

I have some mags. on e-b at the moment, under "lerustler". Post in England is £3.80~$5.70. To Europe £11.60~$17.40, and rest of world £16.00~$24.00. This for an item that will be lucky to sell for £4.00~$6.00.
Ian Russell.
[I can remember the schedule o.k., the problem is remembering what was the last manoeuvre I just flew!].

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here