News:

• April 24, 2024, 09:48:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lil' Buzzards  (Read 5756 times)

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Lil' Buzzards
« on: January 23, 2015, 11:41:30 AM »
I assembled 2 1/2A combat planes today. Jeff Dawson design. Weight is 208 grams with motor. They will be powered with Profi engines. Very easy to put together, they should fly well.
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline ray copeland

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Lil' Buzzards
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 01:43:16 PM »
Cool Mike!!  Where'd you get the parts, pieces and plans?
Ray from Greensboro, North Carolina , six laps inverted so far with my hand held vertically!!! (forgot to mention, none level!) AMA# 902150

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 01:52:41 PM »
Cool Mike!!  Where'd you get the parts, pieces and plans?
It's really an ARF that Jeff Dawson sells. It comes pre-built. All you have to do is drill for your motor mounts, glue in the boom, install the bellcrank and attach the control horn. Took less than an hour to do two. It is a 1/2A version of the Fast Combat plane he makes.  He makes speed limit planes too. They are well built and look pretty tough.
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline kenneth cook

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 04:49:11 PM »
                   Mike, they look awesome!!!!. I really didn't get a good look at them outside of the bubble wrap. I hope they work out well. Nicely done. Ken

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 05:00:51 PM »
                   Mike, they look awesome!!!!. I really didn't get a good look at them outside of the bubble wrap. I hope they work out well. Nicely done. Ken
Don't worry Ken you will get to see them up close when I am making cuts on you in Huntersville next time we meet. VD~ VD~ VD~

Offline Glenn Quarles

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 07:48:27 PM »
It's really an ARF that Jeff Dawson sells. It comes pre-built. All you have to do is drill for your motor mounts, glue in the boom, install the bellcrank and attach the control horn. Took less than an hour to do two. It is a 1/2A version of the Fast Combat plane he makes.  He makes speed limit planes too. They are well built and look pretty tough.

These look awesome! Where can we buy them? Cost?

Thanks for any info!
Glenn
Live in such a way that those who know you, but don't know God will come to know God because they know you.

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 07:21:06 AM »
These look awesome! Where can we buy them? Cost?

Thanks for any info!
Glenn
  Sent you an email.

Offline Glenn Quarles

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 06:39:14 PM »
  Sent you an email.

Got it, thanks!!! I have already spoken with Jeff and we are making arrangements to get together.

Thanks again!
Glenn
Live in such a way that those who know you, but don't know God will come to know God because they know you.

Offline Rosie Rosenau

• Tally ho
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 09:39:36 PM »
Has anyone made one into electric rather than gas?
Richard "Rosie" Rosenau Jr, Yelm WA, USA

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 08:41:05 AM »
Has anyone made one into electric rather than gas?
  Not me.

Offline Glenn Quarles

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 12:14:02 PM »
Jeff brought mine to me yesterday...it is awesome! He put the first test flights on it for me and we had fun flying some of his other planes too. I was very nice getting to meet him and we had a great afternoon of flying and talking! If any of you are thinking of getting one of Jeff's planes I can highly recommend them! The workmanship is excellent!

Glenn

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 07:47:33 AM »
Jeff brought mine to me yesterday...it is awesome! He put the first test flights on it for me and we had fun flying some of his other planes too. I was very nice getting to meet him and we had a great afternoon of flying and talking! If any of you are thinking of getting one of Jeff's planes I can highly recommend them! The workmanship is excellent!

Glenn
Agreed, the quality is high. I have 4 of his Fast planes on the way I can't wait to strap the Nelson's on.

Offline patrick

• New Pilot
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2015, 08:12:08 AM »
Can PM me email of Jeff. Tks

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2015, 02:41:58 PM »
Can PM me email of Jeff. Tks
I would be glad to if you provide your full name and location. I am not sharing other people's info unless I know who it is going to.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 06:40:40 PM by mike londke »

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here