News:

• April 24, 2024, 01:25:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Unusual request, not CL related  (Read 919 times)

Offline James Mills

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Unusual request, not CL related
« on: January 20, 2015, 09:59:13 PM »
I have recently changed career paths and have been hired to my first teaching position at the tender age of 46 #^.  I'm working with kids who have Down's Syndrome and need to acquired a Lite Bright game.  It doesn't need to work as we are planning to use it to develop fine motor skills with our kids.  If anyone has one you wouldn't mind parting with let me know.

Thanks,

James
AMA 491167

Offline Randy Ryan

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Re: Unusual request, not CL related
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 05:45:39 AM »
Hi James, great effort (I have a Downs grandson)! Have you looked at Ebay? right now there are 673 listings for Lite Brite, some stupid high priced but others not so bad. If no one can come across with one it might be an option for you. I would if I had one but unfortunately this is the best I can do on this.
Randy Ryan <><
AMA 8500
SAM 36 BO all my own M's

Offline Sean McEntee

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 07:52:14 AM »
You could make a working one pretty easy with some sheet polystyrene and a lightbulb.  Just takes a bit of creativity.  Crystal makes handmade soap, but couldnt find a box press in the dimensions that she wanted, so I made one.  Note: wood burning with a regular soldering iron sucks...

Offline James Mills

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 06:48:52 AM »
Thanks for the replying guys.  Sean, good idea but I'm not sure how that would go with liability issues (way over the top with the idea of 'protecting' everyone at the expense of commonsense).  I heard one teacher talking about a school he was with in the same district who had a kid not make it to the bathroom in time when on the playground and basically went behind a bush.  They sent a team out in PPE with hazmat tray and scooped up the dirt and sealed it in plastic (not sure what the response is with all the dogs, cats, and deer moving through the area HB~>).  I have had some folks contact me and have some on the way.

James
AMA 491167

George Hostler

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 09:19:36 AM »
Thanks for the replying guys.  Sean, good idea but I'm not sure how that would go with liability issues (way over the top with the idea of 'protecting' everyone at the expense of commonsense).  I heard one teacher talking about a school he was with in the same district who had a kid not make it to the bathroom in time when on the playground and basically went behind a bush.  They sent a team out in PPE with hazmat tray and scooped up the dirt and sealed it in plastic (not sure what the response is with all the dogs, cats, and deer moving through the area HB~>). I have had some folks contact me and have some on the way. James
James, great that you are thinking out of the box and looking for stuff to benefit these kids. Yes, it does sound far fetched that they'd spend critical money needed to help the kids with hazmat stuff designed for really bad contamination, like bat feces in attics. (Bats carry bacteria that can cause deadly histoplasmosis in humans.) Back in the bad old days, we'd get paddled for such an act and it would be the end of the story. Seems the ones who should be the examples and leaders in society have lost their common senses.  D>K

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here