News:

• April 26, 2024, 12:22:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Raduga 7  (Read 2236 times)

Offline Bill Mohrbacher

• 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Raduga 7
« on: January 09, 2015, 12:25:09 PM »
Has anyone ever used this engine or seen it in use.

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Raduga 7
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 01:44:21 PM »
Bill I have two new ones.  They are great on the bench but not built anything to fly them in yet.  Some give it a bad rap but I haven't found that yet.  Planning one or two Eastern Block classics for them.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline Garf

• Admiral
    • Hangar Flying
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 06:27:05 PM »
Lets see if I have one on file.

Offline Phil Spillman

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 10:56:49 AM »
Hi Bill, I have I have one NIB! I bought it as a curiosity back in the Day. I had the luck of spending an entire week with a group of Russian Bankers back in the '90s and they told be that the name means "Butterfly" in Russian! Looked to me to be of reasonable quality but I never did run it! Would you like to buy it from me?

Phil Spillman
Phil Spillman

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 05:30:35 PM »
Jees , they told me it was ' rainbow ' . Not the Russian Bankers . WHAT were you doing with Russian Bankers . ?  >:D

ive got FOUR of them .  :o I will have to build a Lancaster ; or a Petlyakov Pe 8 ,  ??? :-\ >:( :D ;D

We'll let you off with the Russian Bankers , if you were into this , and send it to ME .  S?P

Jees , they drained the zyder zee in the 60s and scrapped the 600 aircraft wrecks . bad as women with cars .

R%%%% H^^

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 06:18:34 PM »
By Golly . i did actually fly one . A few times unmuffled and a few times with the MUFFLER .
Glue the Tail Cone ON . Its still in the bushes . which is why I got another , so Id have TWO.

a spot of loctite from a toothpick on the muffler bolts might be a good idea . all of them .
did run a bit rough . Sidemounted in a . 35 / Nobler size thing . seemed to be a steadyish speed sucker,
though wasnt winding it up as was new . The last I got off DTM which is well fitted and feels good .
The comp gives a good bouncey feel when spun .
Intended to hack out a big profile twin enlarged Oriental two motor test bed . to test the Enya 35s OS35s
ST 46 , 40 , & 35s , Radugas etc etc . 50 % enlargement , 6 ft. wing. Now you know .

They seem to vary a bit in ' FIT ' , the crank in one has free play in the bush. New .
The Olde if it dont run well give it grief ( Rev the snot out of it ) kill or cure principal
could save a lot of wasted time . After a attempt at running in .
Nasty little Veco 19 wanted 1/2 gallon of 30 % oil fuel through it before it'd hold a setting,
so dont be to harsh on our commie friend. At First , anyway . ;D H^^

Offline Phil Spillman

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 10:28:22 AM »
Back in "The Day" I was a Trust Manager for a major bank in western Pennsylvania. Their business focus,from the Commercial side of the bank, was international and so they had a wide exposure to business opportunities all over the World. As luck would have it after having spent a few days with them one year, they returned back the following and asked the Bank for permission to spend an entire week with me to discuss the possibility of establishing a Trust Department in Russia! Imagine a Communist Nation concerning itself with Wealth Management! What could be more incongruous than that? Well I did my best and even took the entire lot of them out to my Club's field and entertained them with my Stunt Planes!

This group returned in November of that year and proposed to me that I allow my Trust Customers to invest in a project wherein they were rehabbing a Nazi Hospital Boat( a prize of War) into a floating spa and luxury hotel! When I asked what return my customers might expect, their response was'" How much would you like it to be?" I opted out of this proposal thinking about fiduciary responsibility I may be violating!!!

AH the memories this forum prompts!

Phil Spillman 
Phil Spillman

Offline Carl Cisneros

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 07:40:57 PM »
hey Bill

here ya go

Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB