News:

• April 17, 2024, 07:29:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Good News from John Brodak  (Read 20790 times)

Offline Rudy Taube

• Ret Flyboy
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Good News from John Brodak
« on: January 01, 2015, 08:01:59 PM »
SMILE

Every time I talk with John Brodak he puts a smile on my face. His upbeat attitude and unbridled enthusiasm for control line flying is infectious.  :)

NEW "HIGH QUALITY FACTORY"

John had some good news for CL flyers everywhere. He has found a new factory for his CL ARF/ARCs. John is happy to say that the quality is greatly improved; problem free lead-out connections, new covering material that stays stuck down where it belongs, quality fittings, etc.

P-40 AND RINGMASTER

The first two models are a profile P-40 and a Ringmaster. Both models are available as an ARF or ARC model. They are also both available in an ELECTRIC version. Like all of John's ARF/ARCs, the price for these new and improved planes is very reasonable.

TAKING ORDERS NOW

The great news is that you can order these planes right now! They are on their way to John as I write this, and they should be ready to ship to your home around the end of this month. John says he will ship all preorders first. I have already ordered mine. You may want to get your order in early, before John updates his website, and the whole world places their orders.  ;)

BEAUTIFUL GIESEKE NOBLER

John has more good news. He is selling the beautiful Gieseke Nobler Component Kits (ARCs) that were created by Steve Moon's Ultra Hobby Products. He has them in stock now. With a price of $200, this is a great deal for this high quality product.

PAMPA HALL OF FAME & GOOD HEALTH

I congratulated John on his well deserved selection to the PAMPA Hall of Fame. He said he is very pleased that he was selected for this honor. I was very glad to hear that John is in good health again. This is good news for him and his family, and also good news for the rest of us in his very large CL family.  y1
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 02:51:04 AM by Rudy Taube »
Rudy
AMA 1667

Offline Joe Yau

• AMA Member
  • Captain
    • My CLPA Channel
Re: Good News from John Brodak
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 10:14:05 AM »
Thanks for the good news!   H^^

Would you know if John is going to have the SV-11 or maybe the Impact (Electric versions.. with front mount)  available in the near future? 

Offline Rudy Taube

• Ret Flyboy
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 10:03:15 PM »
Thanks for the good news!   H^^

Would you know if John is going to have the SV-11 or maybe the Impact (Electric versions.. with front mount)  available in the near future? 

Hi Joe,

Good question, I wish I knew the answer. John said he is working on his next selection/order of ARF/ARCs now. I will post it here as soon as the next order is made.

The orders have to be made for a whole container at a time. This is approximately 1,000 planes per order. ..... Given this $ize of commitment, most people want to take their time and choose wisely.  ::)

John is a smart guy, like Eric, he sees the move toward more electric power in CL. I think we will continue to see more (All?) future ARF/ARCs and kits made with provisions for E power systems. 
Rudy
AMA 1667

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 07:43:05 PM »
I hope he brings back the Vector 40 in electric version. Put me down for 2.

MM

Offline Allen Eshleman

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 07:10:17 PM »
Did you notice that the China shipment is in at Brodak?  It apparently will be a week or so until they are up on the web site.  Look at the lower left hand corner under China shipment.  I saw the prototype of the Ringmaster during the Fly-in.  Looked very much.

Offline Allen Eshleman

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 06:08:45 AM »
Ringmasters are now up on the Brodak site.  The P-40's are not up yet but apparently are available.

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 06:33:22 PM »
Ringmasters are now up on the Brodak site.  The P-40's are not up yet but apparently are available.
  P-40's are up on the site now, I just ordered one $149.98 with shipping.
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline Wayne Collier

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 12:07:47 PM »
Just now noticed that the Ring Masters are "out of stock"

drats
Wayne Collier     Northeast Texas
<><

never confuse patience with slowness never confuse motion with progress

Offline badbill

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 12:28:57 PM »
Looks like all the new ones are out of stock.... man, they must not have gotten many, or the demand must be outrageous!
Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
If some is good, and more is better, then too much is just right!

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 09:57:59 PM »
Wow! Sold out already? I ordered mine Sunday online and it arrived today. I unboxed it and briefly looked it over. The covering appears much better than on previous models.  I'm not too crazy about the leadouts. They are crimped and soldered. Not sure how the hardpoint will hold up, but they do look better than I have seen on previous models. I will have it together in a day or two and post some pics if anyone is interested.
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline Wade Bognuda

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2015, 05:51:54 AM »
Big shout out to Rudy for mentoring me as a child. How many 10 year old kids get to fly a Beech 18? I did thanks to Rudy.

Offline Steve Hines

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2015, 07:22:30 AM »
Talked to Brodak and they do have them. you have to call, something with the web site.

steve

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2015, 04:54:56 PM »
New P40 ARF pics. Weighs in at 46oz with an Aerotiger .36 up front. Tank is on the way. Seems better quality than the other 3 I have owned and the many I have seen.

Offline Bill Johnson

• 2016 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2015, 04:44:03 AM »
I like the colors on yours, Mike. It looks much better then the picture on Brodaks website.
Best Regards,
Bill

AMA 350715

Offline Larrys4227

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2015, 05:01:48 AM »
Plane looks really good Mike .... I like the desert tan.  I notice the fuse has alot of square edges .... mine are all rounded, and looks like they did away with the clear canopy 'glass'.  I'm sure it will fly awesome ... :)

Offline Steve_Drake

• New Pilot
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2015, 09:15:06 PM »
Ordered 2 p40 electrics on Tuesday ( 1 coffee and green, 1 light grey and green ) got them today.
Really impressed. The fit and finish is excellent for an ARF.
Hope to have one in the air pretty quick

Anybody got any flights on one yet? Hope it flys as good as it looks.

Hey Mike did yours come with assembly instructions? Mine just came with a single sheet on the electric install.
Not that you would have to have one. But it might be handy for reference. Especially the rudder setup and the CG.

Steve Drake

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2015, 09:17:53 PM »
Ordered 2 p40 electrics on Tuesday ( 1 coffee and green, 1 light grey and green ) got them today.

Hey Mike did yours come with assembly instructions? Mine just came with a single sheet on the electric install.
Not that you would have to have one. But it might be handy for reference. Especially the rudder setup and the CG.

Steve Drake
Hoping to fly mine this weekend Steve. I still have the instructions, PM me your address and I will send them to you.

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2015, 09:43:07 PM »
did they put the dihedral in them this time?
it was designed to have dihedral,,
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2015, 09:57:01 AM »
Mark:
I believe no dihedral.....
Tom Hampshire put some into a previous edition ARC and it works well.....
The things fly pretty well with no dihedral....

Have fun!

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2015, 05:38:06 PM »
No dihedral.

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2015, 05:44:45 AM »

Steve Drake

You can get the missing instructions under the Electric Technical Information category at the Brodak Website here:

http://brodak.com/electric.html

At the top of the list is the pdf file: P40 Electric ARF Instructions that you can download.

Of course you can also give them a call an they will send out a hard copy.

I talked to Jan at Brodak - they realized their mistake and are now packing the complete set (actually two sets) of instructions.  The full instructions show the assembly of the IC P-40 then there is an addendum showing the electrical install.
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
    • Sean Emery funny guy juggling and stuff
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2015, 03:44:06 PM »
Just got one of these myself. The electric version.
First look at is impressive. Covering is nice and tight overall.
Did not get the instructions either, just the electric mod instructions.
Cannot wait to get it done and try it and fly it.
Shug
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2015, 02:52:51 PM »
I got to fly mine today and am pretty happy with it. I actually flew the entire pattern with it. That was a first for me. Steve Drake came down and flew with us today and helped me get through it a few times. So watch out Rusty I will be joining you in intermediate at Huntersville this fall. I finally got off my butt and learned the full pattern. In other Stunt news Samuel did his very first unassisted loop today. Very proud of him.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2015, 04:13:26 PM »
Sounds like Sam is on his way to beating the old men in a short while.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2016, 06:18:12 AM »
The ARF P40s fly terrific. A few guys at the PhillyFlyers have them, both electric and gas powered. Danny was wringing out an LA 46 powered one the other day and it looked fabulous....PhillySkip

Offline B Norton

• B-NO
  • 2019 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2016, 06:48:46 PM »
Any one heard if brodak going have any bigger stunters like sv 11 or legacy again?

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2016, 08:01:36 AM »
Any one heard if brodak going have any bigger stunters like sv 11 or legacy again?

Brodak had the prototype of the new Vector 40 at Toledo.  It will be available in Nitro-ARF, Nitro ARC and Electric ARF versions, I would GUESS early 2017.  The prototypes of the new SV-11's just arrived, same choices to be available, timing is a bit more speculative but I am GUESSING probably around spring 2017
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Tim Redelman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2016, 10:57:41 AM »
I saw the build quality at Toledo. Very nice indeed!

Tim

Online Doug Moisuk

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2016, 04:08:02 PM »
Brodak had the prototype of the new Vector 40 at Toledo.  It will be available in Nitro-ARF, Nitro ARC and Electric ARF versions, I would GUESS early 2017.  The prototypes of the new SV-11's just arrived, same choices to be available, timing is a bit more speculative but I am GUESSING probably around spring 2017

You say NEW vector 40 and NEW SV-11. Are they new or updated designs?
Doug Moisuk
MAAC 3360L

Offline Tim Redelman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2016, 08:20:26 AM »
Well I am no expert but I'd have to say both designs have been around a long time. I guess a more appropriate explanation would be same design new construction techniques. Altered for ease of production by the manufacturer in  China or wherever it is they're actually made. From a new and from the looks of them much better company producing the airplanes. Also being that the sample I saw of the Vector is being offered as an electric or IC. Pilots choice... So I guess it's a redesign of an existing design that's been redesigned for ease of manufacture and to be built as a electric version or as an IC. The sample I saw was beautifully made and the craftsmanship was excellent. I am also the first to admit there are better people here to comment on these particulars than I. I just wanted to pass along some information and in particular pictures of this to the Stunthanger family as I haven't seen any and think others would like to see them. I also didn't take any pictures of the SV-11 as it was at a different location and its up the someone else to post them when it's ready. But imho was equally as nice. I hope this clears things up a bit.

Tim Redelman

Advertise Here
Tags: brodak 

Advertise Here