News:

• April 26, 2024, 01:25:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: facebook Complaint  (Read 1696 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
facebook Complaint
« on: December 20, 2014, 09:11:39 AM »
Yes, I have a complaint.   I have a few relatives that I keep in touch with me on the wife's side of the family.  My, complaint is all the fellow forum member that keep wanting me to be friends on facebook.   I did that I would not have time to keep up with the forums we have available let alone build and fly.   So if the E-Mail is true that you, all of you want to be friends, do it here on the forum by building and flying. VD~ S?P
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
Re: facebook Complaint
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 09:22:59 AM »
Killed my facebook account mainly because all the sudden all these RC guys from all over the world wanted to be friends. Didn't need it didn't want it, social media is the devil  VD~

George Hostler

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 09:37:31 AM »
I find it useful to see what's going on with friends and family. When I get friend requests from people I don't know, I just ignore it. I don't have my FB posts as public, friends only. Lately I've spent less time in it as it can be a real time waster. I get the impression that for some, all they do is spend time in FB through their cell phone computers.

There is some good in it if one limits their involvement to a smaller circle of friends and family, at least that is my perception.

Offline Steve Scott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • Terrorizing earthworms since '65
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 09:44:38 AM »
I limit my friend circle to family and close friends.  Airplane buddies, no.  FB is useful - can be an annoyance at times.  Not so much an annoyance once I turned off Farmville notifications.  Still don't know why people post pictures of their meal - at least it's the before shot...

Offline david beazley

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 01:46:24 PM »
, social media is the devil  VD~
I prefer anti-social media.
It's only paranoia if they aren't really after you.
Analog man trapped in a digital world
AMA # 2817

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
    • Sean Emery funny guy juggling and stuff
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 07:54:27 PM »
I have yet to jon FB...computer already sucks out a lot of my life force. Though the computer does have some good qualities as well. Like this site.
Shug
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline John Fitzgerald

• No longer an AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 06:26:09 PM »
I'm not joining Fb.  I think it is a fad that will eventually pass.

Offline Richard Imhoff

• 2019 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 07:57:27 PM »
Shut down my FB account also because of the many many friend  requests from people I never heard off.
  It filled the email box every days until I shut it down.

I made a bogus account with the name Osta P. Povich , within weeks the same with that one as it filled the email with friends requests.
Dick Imhoff  AMA 58502

Combat, Racing, Stunt, and big time fun flyer, and Maybe a bit of carrier.

Offline Curare

• 2014 Supporters
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2014, 09:23:08 PM »
If you're getting bombared with friend requests from random weirdos, then your privacy settings are too open.

I have mine so that outside of my friends, only friends of friends can see me or access my page.  This means that whoever friends me is probably someone I know and has been 'vetted' by my existing friends.
Greg Kowalski
AUS 36694

Offline Clint Ormosen

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2014, 11:35:24 PM »
If you're getting bombared with friend requests from random weirdos, then your privacy settings are too open.

I have mine so that outside of my friends, only friends of friends can see me or access my page.  This means that whoever friends me is probably someone I know and has been 'vetted' by my existing friends.

Same here. I get very few requests from strangers. Sure, I get one once and a while from some random modeler but I just ignore it.
Some of you guys need to learn to actually set up and use FB before condemning it. I'm able to keep up with extended family, C/L people, the VW community, diecast car clubs, and theatre organ groups all in one place without being bothered by spam or ads. I like it.
-Clint-

AMA 559593
Finding new and innovated ways to screw up the pattern since 1993

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 11:40:28 AM »
Same here. I get very few requests from strangers. Sure, I get one once and a while from some random modeler but I just ignore it.
Some of you guys need to learn to actually set up and use FB before condemning it. I'm able to keep up with extended family, C/L people, the VW community, diecast car clubs, and theatre organ groups all in one place without being bothered by spam or ads. I like it.

Truer words seldom spoken! I use FB, don't have even a fraction of the problems claimed by those who condem it and have hooked up with several old friends I haven't seen in 40+ years.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 10:31:10 PM by Bill Morell »
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73
  Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

George Hostler

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 01:08:16 PM »
Truer words seldom spoken! I use FB, don't have even a fraction of the problems claimed by those who comdem it and have hooked up with several old friends I haven't seen in 40+ years.
My observations exactly, don't make your privacy settings set to public. That eliminates a lot of riffraff. If you come across a rogue or unfamiliar entity you friended, just unfriend them, problem solved.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here