News:

• April 19, 2024, 01:57:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Any Control Line Modelers around Edwardsville, IL??  (Read 621 times)

Offline John Cralley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Any Control Line Modelers around Edwardsville, IL??
« on: December 13, 2014, 11:04:01 AM »
My control line modeler friend, Jim Swearingen, moved to Edwardsville, Illinois last August. He has yet to connect with any other control line modelers in that area. Jim is and avid builder and enjoys sport flying.

PM me if you would rather not post personal contact info on the forum.

Thanks  ;D
John Cralley
Scratch Built - Often Re-kitted!!!
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Any Control Line Modelers around Edwardsville, IL??
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 12:07:23 PM »
Several guys on what we in the St. Louis area call , "the east side." Jim Thomerson, who you see post often here, used to live in that area before he moved back to Texas when he retired. Frank Beatty, a noted scale builder and flier, lives on that side of the river, and several other local club members of the Lafayette Esquadrille control line club. I think our club information is listed on the site here, and Fred C of the club has a web site up and operating. Edwardsville is about an hour drive to Buder Park, but there is a country western night club near Edwardsville that the club has permission to use on a limited basis that some of the guys do use for a quick flight or two, and we have held our annual stunt and scale contest there on the sometimes occasion that Buder is flooded. Bob Storick, (Sparky here on the list that he owns) is a nearby resident and he'll get to see his fine handy work in person! I'm sure I have met Jim somewhere, or bought something from him, because his name sure is familiar. Have him drop me a line and I'll send you my phone contact numbers in a PM.
  Thanks a  lot,
   Dan McEntee
  Florissant, MO
  dpmcenthusiast @ aol.com
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 12:56:15 PM »
Here is a link to our website with all of the information regarding contests, club info, flying site

Dan are you flying on Sunday....I am thinking of bring out one of the models

http://lafayetteesquadrillecl.wordpress.com/

Fred Cronenwett
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 01:02:58 PM »
Any control line fliers? Its Stunt Hangars home base.
AMA 12366

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 02:36:26 PM »
Here is a link to our website with all of the information regarding contests, club info, flying site

Dan are you flying on Sunday....I am thinking of bring out one of the models

http://lafayetteesquadrillecl.wordpress.com/

Fred Cronenwett

Hey Fred;
     Yeah, talked to Joe Thompson this morning. Weather will be acceptable for some sport flying. I have one stop in the morning to make but should be there 11:30 to noon. It will have a chance to warm up a bit by then. Weather is supposed to be somewhat like today here in the area. We'll see if we can round up a few more of the guys for an unofficial Holiday gathering of the club. I need my December flights to be good for the year! Hope to see a bunch there!
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 03:46:58 PM »
Hey, Thanks for the replies! I gave Jim a "heads up" and I hope you all can connect up.

Jim sold most of his collection when he moved. Over a 100 planes (I believe) and a large number of engines, kits and what not. He kept a few and he tells me he is setting up a work area in his garage. Maybe you can get him to do a New Year's fly with you - he and I flew last new year's day except he could not get his engine started so he put up a flight with one of my electrics (starts at the touch of a button!!).  y1
John Cralley
Scratch Built - Often Re-kitted!!!
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here