News:

• April 19, 2024, 08:07:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Al Rabe  (Read 3485 times)

Offline Gerald Schamp

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Al Rabe
« on: December 08, 2014, 11:19:49 AM »
Is Al Rabe's email down, have tried several time to email him and it keeps kicking back. He must be working on another Mustang or something.

Online Dick Pacini

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Al Rabe
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 05:53:18 PM »
Check in that other forum.  He is fighting with his electric Bearcat profile.
AMA 62221

Once, twice, three times a lady.  Four times and she does it for a living.  "You want me on that wall.  You need me on that wall."

Offline Al Rabe

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 07:02:50 PM »
Gerald,

Thanks for asking but my yahoo is completely blocked.  I can post e-mails but my last e-mail received was Nov 12.  About that time I found out that that I had been "hacked".  I changed my password and, for good measure, had my computer checked for virus.

Since then I have made daily efforts the restore my yahoo account.  I have changed passwords four or five times. read the obscured letters three times and answered the private question.  I have held the phone several times for periods of two hours of more and sent three e-mails to customer service (?).  One of my calls was answered by machine promising that my call would be returned and proffered some sort of number certifying my place in line.  Needless to say, nothing ever came of that or any other attempt to reach a real person at Yahoo customer service.

Last Thursday my wife decided to show me the error of my ways.  She changed the password again and marked it to be "remembered".  The next morning opening yahoo there was a "remembered" password in the appropriate box.  When I selected 'Sign in" there was the old refrain about not recognizing the ID or password.  It didn't recognize any of the last five passwords changed in the last three weeks either.

I've had yahoo since I bought my first computer more than thirty years ago.

Anyway, I can still be reached at alsf8f at "gmail.com" instead of "at yahoo.com"

I ache to tell yahoo what I think of their customer service(?).

Al

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 07:25:49 PM »
When you think about it, their name tells you all you need to know about them....

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 07:30:56 PM »
I got a little bit of that "wrong password or user ID" with Win8.1 on my new (to me) box. I found that a double click on the "Login" button seemed to work. Who knew? Some things respond to one, others to two clicks. You'd think that one click would do nothing, indicating that a quick two clicks would do the job, but the flag pops up saying you got it wrong. Well, maybe MS got it wrong? Watch for Win8.2 coming to a store near you.  H^^  Steve  
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 07:39:36 PM »
Remember how life was far more enjoyable in the days before all this electronic crap?  R%%%%
FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 08:06:19 PM »
Remember how life was far more enjoyable in the days before all this electronic crap?  R%%%%

I don't remember if it was more enjoyable, but it certainly was less irritating!!!

Less painful too because I (and you) was a lot younger!   y1 <= <=

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 08:48:28 PM »
I don't remember if it was more enjoyable, but it certainly was less irritating!!!
================================================

Right!  When I die (which shouldn't be too long from now), I'd like to return to sometime around 1954....before all this electronic crap ruled our lives.
FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Mike Griffin

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 09:22:34 PM »

Right!  When I die (which shouldn't be too long from now), I'd like to return to sometime around 1954....before all this electronic crap ruled our lives.

Mike, 20 years ago I said that one day we would become victims of our own technology and that day is here.  I f you doubt me, take away a teenagers smart phone and watch what happens.

Mike

Offline Sean McEntee

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 09:29:48 PM »

me too

Offline Sean McEntee

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 09:37:19 PM »
Mike, 20 years ago I said that one day we would become victims of our own technology and that day is here.  I f you doubt me, take away a teenagers smart phone and watch what happens.

Mike

This happens

Offline David Russum

• AMA Member
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 09:51:20 PM »
A modern family spending quality time together.....

AMA #335952

Offline Al Rabe

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 09:52:54 PM »
And for the latest yahoo insult.  I tried one more time to reset my password and got a message that I can't reset my password online.  Now I must contact yahoo customer service.  As though I haven't been trying numerous times in the past three weeks.

Al

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2014, 12:51:16 PM »
Don't feel bad Al,  I have been having the same problems with Yahoo.   Of course MSN rejected me a long time ago and won't let me back in.  Just today I was watching a video sent to me via E-Mail and it was interrupted by Yahoo idiot saying I wasn't logged in.   Knocked every thing down and got back on E-Mail with no more problems.  Didn't even have to log back in.   Wish those D==k heads would go to the back room and stay there.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Al Rabe

• Commander
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2014, 02:17:32 PM »
My problems with yahoo appear to be resolved now.  alsf8f at yahoo.com should work OK now.

Al

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 03:12:51 PM »
The annoying thing is that they can't leave well enough alone. Always gotta "improve" something that works just fine. Of course their new program is bigger and takes longer to load, and eventually they "improve" that...right after they get all the bugs out of it. It's all due to the geeks having to justify their job/salary, plain and simple.  R%%%% Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 04:01:00 PM »
Al,
Forget Yahoo they're a bunch of Yahoos!

Go to go daddy.com and set up an e-mail  DOT COM.  It's very cheap (a few dollars a year) and you get up to 5 e-mail addresses and their service is great!

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2014, 04:30:08 PM »
Instead of fretting over computers, this is how I spend my family time.  See if you can spot me (hint: green shirt)

Floyd
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Mike Griffin

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2014, 08:02:54 AM »
Floyd you have the right idea. 

Mike

Mike Griffin

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2014, 08:11:51 AM »
I have had privacy and security concerns with Yahoo, G Mail since their inception.  There are a few encrypted services coming out now I am taking a look at.

Mike

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here