News:

• March 29, 2024, 05:47:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: GSSC 2014 Pilots Choice  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Brian Massey

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • California Car Clubs
GSSC 2014 Pilots Choice
« on: October 21, 2014, 01:25:55 PM »
Congratulations to John Callentine for winning the Concours Award. After the Appearance Judges (Phil Granderson and Ray Firkins) were finished, their lament was they could not award the Sea Fury more than 20 points. The plane is brand new, with only 25 or so flights on it. John is still trimming, but still flew a great 559 in Expert with the ship. Power comes from a Cobra 3520.

Brian
While flying the pattern, my incompetence always exceeds my expectations.

AMA 55421
Madera, CA

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
Re: GSSC 2014 Pilots Choice
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 01:29:47 PM »
I can tell from the pictures it's outstanging
AMA 12366

Offline Alan Resinger

• Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 01:37:47 PM »
I told John that the pictures do not even come close to doing it justice.  Truly a magnificent rendition of the Sea Fury.  There were three models on the 20 point row and 5 on the 19 point row and they were all that good.  For anyone that wants to do away with BOM, tell them to come to GSSC.  Phil Granderson and Ray Firkins didn't have an easy task.

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 01:52:47 PM »
I told John that the pictures do not even come close to doing it justice.  Truly a magnificent rendition of the Sea Fury.  There were three models on the 20 point row and 5 on the 19 point row and they were all that good.  For anyone that wants to do away with BOM, tell them to come to GSSC.  Phil Granderson and Ray Firkins didn't have an easy task.

And nobody has a better grasp of "20 points" than do Ray and PTG.  Amazingly beautiful group of airplanes.  Made me a bit ashamed to put the old "built in 1991" Trivial Pursuit, warts and all, out there with them.

Ted

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 04:16:29 PM »
I can tell from the pictures it's outstanging

It's even better in person. The craftsmanship and finishing are 20 point all the way. The visual impact of the big old Sea Fury is still there, just like when I first saw the original when I was 11 years old. It is still imposing sitting there in the pits compared to the current 60-sized airplanes.

Everyone knew with metaphysical certainty that it was going to win the Concours as soon as they saw it. And this is with several OTHER 20-pointers present.

Brett

Offline Brian Massey

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • California Car Clubs
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 04:23:23 PM »
And nobody has a better grasp of "20 points" than do Ray and PTG.  Amazingly beautiful group of airplanes.  Made me a bit ashamed to put the old "built in 1991" Trivial Pursuit, warts and all, out there with them.

Ted
At age 23 (the plane, not Ted) it is still a beautiful airplane. "Warts" and all it still got 17 points!

Brian
While flying the pattern, my incompetence always exceeds my expectations.

AMA 55421
Madera, CA

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here