News:

• April 18, 2024, 02:52:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Posting Photos, easy as pie!  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Posting Photos, easy as pie!
« on: October 21, 2014, 10:12:57 AM »
I see from a Post, that a fellow modeler never learned how to Post a photo.

I just don't know how to post photos or I could fill up a few gigabites of bandwidth with them

This Thread isn't just for Dan, it's for anyone else that doesn't Post photos because they don't know how.

It's easy as pie!

First you do your typical "Reply" thing with whatever text you may wish to say and place in your reply.

Then, you simply click on "Additional Options." It's on the left hand side.

This brings up another window, I like to call them pages.

You will see "Attach" in bold lettering, AND the word "Browse" in an outlined box.

Simply click on the box with the word "browse," this will give you access to your PC. Or MAC.

I have no way of knowing how you save photos or where you place them on your PC or MAC?

But, all you have to do now, is find your photo file, find the photo, then "double-click" on the photo of choice.

This action will place your photo in your reply. Done!!

For a second photo, just click on "More Attachments," which is in parenthesis to the right of the word "Browse" box.

This action will bring up a new "Attach" and the process is simply repeated.

I'm a man of few words, so I hope I have explained this properly.  ;D

If not, I hope others will take the ball and possibly add to this.

No reason to not Post photos because you don't know how.

I'll be looking forward to those photo contributions.

I hope this helps.

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Posting Photos, easy as pie!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 04:14:52 PM »
Easy As PIE!  You may have to reduce the picture size for this site. Original saved pictures were 1200 pix reduced to 800 to fit this site.
Joe
I only enter contests so somebody else is not always in last place

Offline Brian Massey

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • California Car Clubs
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 04:53:54 PM »
I think the kilobyte counter needs to be reset. I just tried uploading 5 pictures, each in the 130 kilobyte range and got the error message that I exceeded the 1000kb limit. No way.

Brian

Now what! I responded to your message and it uploaded the pics it refused to a minute ago. I'm confused. I'm not trying to hijack your thread, so I deleted them. Doesn't make since to me how this system is working.
While flying the pattern, my incompetence always exceeds my expectations.

AMA 55421
Madera, CA

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 05:40:56 PM »
Easier than pie to reduce pics to under 100kb using IrfanView. I can say no more...  :-X Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Brian Massey

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • California Car Clubs
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 06:22:10 PM »
Easier than pie to reduce pics to under 100kb using IrfanView. I can say no more...  :-X Steve
If you're referring to my post, the total was well under 1000kb. If I'm understanding the protocol right, that should be all that matters: one photo at 999kb, or 10 photos at 99kb; all the same. I use Corel Photo Paint batch process; set it to go, go get a beer and viola! But that shouldn't matter. (Unless one has a few to many beers?)

BTW, you'll be disappointed to find out I forgot spicy brown mustard for the GSSC.  ~^  n1

Brian
While flying the pattern, my incompetence always exceeds my expectations.

AMA 55421
Madera, CA

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 06:38:18 PM »
Near as I can tell, a picture that's 999kb probably won't go, because the photo's file name adds to the total, on top of the actual photo. I learned this when I edited a picture to exactly 50kb (pretty much accidentally)  to post on SSW, and it wouldn't work over there. Got it down to 48kb and it did.

If we can all get our pictures down around 100kb (much easier than 50kb!), then Sparky won't have to buy more computer space so soon. #1 tip is to watch the foreground and background. Grass, wood grain, coarse fabric, rough asphalt, and exposed aggregate concrete are to be avoided. Better to get somebody to hold it up against the sky, or sit it on a smooth surface like wet concrete.  H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 08:17:27 AM »
Also fellows, there should be a program in the new digital cameras that will take pictures using less Kb's.   I reduced mine and it doesn't take so much to edit the pictures to size required.  If you look at some of my posts you will see the size I go for.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Douglas Ames

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 09:54:40 AM »
It's a matter of importing a picture from your camera or cell phone and RESIZING it to load on the forum. That's the difficult part.
Be sure to label it so it can be easily found instead of using the sequence #.

Oops...  Dangit!
AMA 656546

If you do a little bit every day it will get done, or you can do it tomorrow.

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 01:49:56 PM »
It's a matter of importing a picture from your camera or cell phone and RESIZING it to load on the forum. That's the difficult part.
Be sure to label it so it can be easily found instead of using the sequence #.

Oops...  Dangit!

Ahhhh! Apple upside-down pie...ala mode. Looks good, but tricky to eat without making a mess...  ;) Steve

PS: Cropping, resizing, rotating and compressing pictures is easy with IrfanView, I swear!

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 12:49:11 AM »
Or you can do as I frequently do and use a third party free image host. Photobucket accepts unlimited multiple uploads and then all you do here is post a link to the image on that host. And you have your same pictures always there, organized in folders, ready for posting on any other forums or sending to friends without e-mail restrictions. And it has an easy built in editor for tweaking your images' color, size, brightness, etc. And if your computer goes blooey, your pics are safely offsite. It also saves Sparky a very big boatload of server usage.
Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 11:27:05 AM »
Or you can do as I frequently do and use a third party free image host. Photobucket accepts unlimited multiple uploads and then all you do here is post a link to the image on that host. And you have your same pictures always there, organized in folders, ready for posting on any other forums or sending to friends without e-mail restrictions. And it has an easy built in editor for tweaking your images' color, size, brightness, etc. And if your computer goes blooey, your pics are safely offsite. It also saves Sparky a very big boatload of server usage.
Rusty

Good points, Rusty. However, there is a downside. That is, IF you remove your pictures from Photobucket (it happens), then they won't show up here, and the posts referring to those pictures will be meaningless.

How do you go about posting a video on YouTube? Does that cost $? I assume you have to be a member, which I am, technically.

I don't understand how they stay in business...same for Photobucket. Pop-up blocker seems to take out all the ads for me, at least on IE8. On FireFox, I get some weird stuff going on, especially when browsing for fishing tackle...a popup says that I've found a great price, or I can get it cheaper from Sears or something silly. Sears doesn't carry all that chit. I think maybe Sears is going into an Amazon type deal, where they carry some stuff, but also pimp for vendors all over the country. Makes my head hurt (more than usual).  H^^ Steve

Offline Joe Yau

• AMA Member
  • Captain
    • My CLPA Channel
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 12:06:10 PM »
Good points, Rusty. However, there is a downside. That is, IF you remove your pictures from Photobucket (it happens), then they won't show up here, and the posts referring to those pictures will be meaningless.

How do you go about posting a video on YouTube? Does that cost $? I assume you have to be a member, which I am, technically.

That is actually what I like about using 3rd party hosting..  as I could remove it, or edited the pic.. and it'll update here. YouTube is real straight forward and it's free, just set up an account, then click on upload.. it'll open a window where you could find the video you wanted to upload..  and that is about it.  It'll show up in your channel when it's uploaded.

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 02:53:58 PM »
That is actually what I like about using 3rd party hosting..  as I could remove it, or edited the pic.. and it'll update here. YouTube is real straight forward and it's free, just set up an account, then click on upload.. it'll open a window where you could find the video you wanted to upload..  and that is about it.  It'll show up in your channel when it's uploaded.
And for convenience I usually keep my browser shortcut set to my Youtube's video manager so I go straight to my stack of videos. Same with opening Photobucket, straight to my Airplane folder. Steve I don't really ever have a reason to remove a picture that I've linked to in a forum. There's no limit and they can be organized for easy lookup. Thing is though, re-organizing them will break the links, so be thoughtful when you first set your folders up. And make them private so a viewer can't see any more of them than you wish. I do the opposite with Youtube and make most of the individual videos public, on a discretionary basis.
Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here