News:

• April 23, 2024, 12:37:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Supertigre G21 35- Source For Parts- New/Used  (Read 928 times)

Offline Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • At the 69 Willow Grove NATS with J.D. FALCON II
Supertigre G21 35- Source For Parts- New/Used
« on: October 20, 2014, 09:21:57 AM »
Source for NVA, Head Screws /Gasket, Backplate gasket/screws, prop washer/nut. I know there are generics that'll work, but for now I'm interested in old stock or good reproductions.

Offline Don Chandler

• Lieutenant
Re: Supertigre G21 35- Source For Parts- New/Used
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 10:28:50 AM »
Frank-I have a G21-35 in the classified section. At any rate it is a good running moter, had it in the air maybe 8 weeks ago just to make sure. Started 2nd flip. $45.00 includes shipping.

Don

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 11:12:55 AM »
Tower Hobby has the NVA and the bolts are just 5-40 fillister head with the top shaved off. I think I have a few oem sets since I replaced mine with SHCS. The prop washer could be easily reproduced by me or anyone with a lathe and the nut is a plain black 1/4-28 which I have. I may have a connection for the gaskets. Is this for a collector piece?

MM

Offline Andrew Hathaway

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 12:11:42 PM »
Tower Hobby has the NVA

Tower has had almost the entire Super Tigre line listed as Order Pending for at least a year.  By the looks of things they're probably never coming back in stock.  That doesn't really matter though since the only CL needle assembles they offered were for the G.34 and G.51, both of which are the short NVAs.  The G.21/.35 uses the medium length spraybar, same as the G.21/.46.  With the short NVA, the collet will hit the nut before the needle gets tight.  The long .60 size should work with a spacer washer.

The NVA should be easy enough to find as a repro.  5-40 screws are close enough to the oddball metric originals, 5/16" for the backplate, 3/8" for the head.  Gaskets can be cut by hand, but if you have to have OEM you can expand the backplate gasket search to include all the other G.21 engines and the C.35.  I'd suspect the C.35 head gasket is the same, but I haven't verified that myself.  The prop washer and nut should be very close to what was used up until recently on the other ST engines.

Parts for the older ST engines are hard to come by, and expensive.  Ebay is probably as good a source as any, but they probably won't be cheap.

Offline Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • At the 69 Willow Grove NATS with J.D. FALCON II
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 07:48:25 PM »
Thanks for the advice.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here