News:

• April 26, 2024, 03:17:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: C Goldberg profiles  (Read 8169 times)

Offline Carl Cisneros

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
C Goldberg profiles
« on: October 19, 2014, 06:21:40 PM »
I know this is going to sound dumb, but do any of the 3 CG profile models (Shoestring, Buster, Cosmic Wind)
fall into any of the catagories? (other than I guess, just general sport fliers)
Thanks
Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB

Offline Carl Cisneros

• Captain
Re: C Goldberg profiles
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 12:08:43 PM »
thanks Ty
Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB

Offline GonzoBonzo

• GonzoBonzo
  • 2016 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 06:20:27 PM »
Don't know what you mean by "categories". Other than a good sport flyer, I know a lot of clubs race them. Think it's called Foxberg. I do believe the OS 25 is permitted though. I had a Cosmic Wind many moons ago, and enjoyed it.
Gonzo

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 09:19:42 PM »
The orstrawlian BENDIX rules were written around the Goldberg profile .35 Shoestring .

Bendix Team Race

Rules

CONTROL LINE BENDIX RACING
(As per MAAA TEAM RACE)
4.13.1    DEFINITION OF BENDIX RACING
   Bendix Racing is a simultaneous race between three models flown by three pilots in the same circuit (in exceptional circumstances, two models flown by two pilots). The objective of the race is to complete the required number of laps in the shortest possible time. A team shall consist of one pilot who shall remain in the centre of the circle, piloting the model, and one mechanic (and one assistant if required) who shall remain outside the flight circle and who shall start the engine(s) and perform any necessary duties throughout the race. The personnel of a team shall remain unaltered throughout a contest. It is not permissible for any person to be a member of two teams.
4.13.2    CHARACTERISTICS OF A BENDIX MODEL
   a)    Number of Models – A team may enter and have checked two models, and either or both may be used to complete the necessary number of flights. Only one model may be used in each race. The team may interchange various model parts provided that the resulting model is re-checked by the Contest Director.
   b)    Spare propellers, plugs and general accessories are permitted. In the case of engines, spares are permitted, but such engines must not be used by, or exchanged with, other entrant teams during the contest.
4.13.3    MODEL CHARACTERISTICS
   a)    Maximum engine/s capacity shall not exceed 6.00 cm3. Mufflers are optional except where local noise rules exist.
   b)    Maximum fuel tank capacity (including fuel tube) shall not exceed 40.00 cm3. Pressure feed acceptable, but pressure re-fuelling is not allowed. Fuel shut-offs are mandatory. Fuel is at entrant’s discretion excepting substances banned by the MAAA Inc. and the FAI.
   c)    Model shall be semi-profile in appearance and must resemble in outline, the fuselage and flying surfaces of a full size aeroplane which has competed in the BENDIX-THOMPSON series of trophy races or NPRPA Formula 1 races or GOODYEAR and CONTINENTAL Trophy Races.Onus of proof, i.e. photos, drawings, etc. are the responsibility of the entrant and must be produced to the contest officials for processing.
   d)    The Fuselage shall:-Have a minimum width of 12 mm and a maximum width of 25 mm (excluding cheek cowls) at a point between the leading edge and the minimum vertical depth of wing root section.

Motor must be uncowled.

Have a minimum length of 609 mm excluding the rudder (as measured from the back of the propeller to the rudder hinge line which must be clearly marked on the aircraft).

Shall have a minimum height of 125 mm at the cockpit.
   e)    The Wing shall:-Be of built-up construction (including foam); Have a minimum wingspan of 1000 mm; Have a minimum root chord (outside fuselage) of 225 mm; Wing thickness of the root shall be at least 38 mm. If the wing is tapered in thickness then the thickness must reduce at a constant rate from a minimum of 38mm at the root to a minimum or 28mm at the tip measurement point. The measurement of tip thickness will be made at a point 400mm from the fuselage centreline. Note: Root shall be defined as the innermost wing section, not counting fillets, that may be measured at the fuselage.
   f)    Colour Scheme and Numbers:-Models shall be coloured in a scale-like fashion, i.e. in a colour scheme that may have been used on a full-sized aircraft.

The racing number of the prototype must be permanently affixed to each side of the fuselage, and also the inboard wing, in a minimum height of 50 mm.

The contestant’s VH [AUS] number must be permanently affixed to the upper surface of the outboard wing in a minimum height of 25 mm.
   g)    The Lines shall:-Be a minimum length of 18.3 metres measured from the hand grip of the handle to the centre line of the fuselage, + 100 mm, – 0.00 mm.

Be a minimum diameter of 0.455 mm (0.018”). (Mono line control systems are NOT permitted.)

All lines, handles, bellcranks and connectors must withstand a pull-test of 30g and must also meet a safety inspection. “LUXON” type or central sliding type line connectors are NOT permitted.
   h)    The Undercarriage shall:-Be of scale location.

Wheels shall be of a minimum diameter of 50 mm and be at least 100 mm apart.

In the case of a tricycle undercarriage, the main gear must be at least 100 mm apart.

The use of all-metal wheels is prohibited. Nose skids are not allowed.
   i)    Motors shall be started by flicking the propeller by hand.
   j)    Model and contestants must conform to local, club, safety and noise regulations.
   k)    Model shall have a maximum weight of 1300 gm.

and one or two other thing ; http://clamf.aerosports.net.au/?page_id=472

apparently was a american .35 Goodyear class too . a picture of a Sweet Pea looking to be a shoestring mod. was in the Englich Aeromuddler magazine , mid 70s . ST .35 V tail .

Offline Balsa Butcher

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • High Desert Flier
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 01:15:36 PM »
I flew a Shoestring in Classic at VSC 1. Crashed it when fuel ran out in the overhead 8. Knew it was going to happen but still wanted to compete.  Have modified a Buster into a Wildcat and a Shoestring into a Douglas Devastator for profile carrier. Not particularly competitive but fun to fly.  8)
Pete Cunha
Sacramento CA.
AMA 57499

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 01:50:17 PM »
My 1st model bigger than 1/2 A was a Goldberg Shoestring with a McCoy Red .19.  I have also had the Cosmic Wind and recently i restored a Buster.  My Cosmic Wind was powered by a Fox .35 and the Buster will have an OS .30S.  These will all fly the pattern, but not as well as the flapped larger models.  Still, they are fun to fly, and nice to practice with when you are not too serious! ;D

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 08:46:47 PM »

Just flew my old Fox .35 powered Shoestring again on New Years Day. Reminded myself for the umpteenth time just what a great bang-for-the-buck design it is, it's a great all around fun airplane. y1
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here