News:

• April 19, 2024, 08:30:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Take Apart Ringmaster a Big Hit  (Read 946 times)

Offline ericrule

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Take Apart Ringmaster a Big Hit
« on: October 19, 2014, 01:53:36 PM »
Just got off the phone with Mike Griffin. He took a couple of our new Take Apart Ringmasters to the Baton Rouge Contest this weekend and they were a big hit!

Mike reports that everyone who looked at them make very favorable comments about the take apart design and how well it worked.

The model can be powered by either a glow engine or an electric motor. The wing, stabilizer/elevator and Fin/Rudder pop out of the fuselage for easy transportation by simply removing 5 bolts. If powered by an electric motor it can be packed and carried on a commercial aircraft.

Online wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Re: Take Apart Ringmaster a Big Hit
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 03:42:39 PM »

Hmm. I'd better not comment on the pair of "ARF's" I saw recently that were shipped to Minnesota then. D>K
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Mike Griffin

Re: Take Apart Ringmaster a Big Hit
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 10:02:12 PM »
My conversation with the folks during the contest was very enlightening and informative .  I was told multiple times by club members from all over who were at the contest, that they had members who either could not build for themselves for various reasons and that a pre built model was something that was needed.  When I showed them the take apart feature, that really got great reviews.  I think the reason is because there is no gluing required and the whole plane is assembled with 5 - 4-40 bolts.  Of course another great reason is that you can transport it if you have limited space and also store it in a closet if you wish.

The Take Apart Ringmasters I took with me to the contest were not completely finished.  I covered the wings but left the rest of the model in a natural finish sanded state.

Andy Chase who owns Hobby Town Hobbies in Baton Rouge ordered several for his store with different colored wings and the fuselage and tail feathers just sanded like the ones I had at the contest.  I had not even put a landing gear on them.  Andy also told me that the young folks coming in looking for something to fly, we're looking for something they had to put minimal effort into to get it in the air and up until this point, all he had was RC RTF to show them.  Anything to make it easier for young people experience Control,Flying is a good thing.

My thanks to Eric Rule for the genius of this design and it was my pleasure to offer it to folks.  OH, by the way, the first one was purchased by a very nice lady.

Mike

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here