News:

• April 18, 2024, 12:28:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sparky's statment  (Read 1479 times)

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
Sparky's statment
« on: October 17, 2014, 06:38:14 AM »
With all the hot topics there is some banter. I see no problem with short snippets and jabs at each other. As Dan once said most of use are friends and have flown together so with tact its OK to tell your friend to take a aeronautical intercourse at a rolling piece of pastry once and a while. But when its done in malice its no good for the forum and it Guests. It's very hard for me to keep tract of everyone. So here is the deal!

State your thoughts and explane your point but there is no need to Bash each other. I am growing tired of cleaning up threads. some are guilty of instigating havoc. There is no need to take a informative thread so far off tract its useless to anyone.

AMA 12366

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
Re: Sparky's statment
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 08:27:14 AM »
Amen.
Jim Kraft

Offline Douglas Ames

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 09:29:05 AM »
This is where the moderators need to step in and start moderating... Keeping the thread on track.
AMA 656546

If you do a little bit every day it will get done, or you can do it tomorrow.

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 09:50:33 AM »
I don't think getting off of the main toppic is so bad, it is putting things out there that say my way is the only way. I know if I post something I do not mind if it gets off topic to a degree, I tend to learn things that are said even though it is not the thing I started with. I just don't think we aught to put people down for the way they do things as if there is only 1 right way. Someone once said if we all liked the same things we would all love my wife.
Jim Kraft

Offline Andrew Hathaway

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 11:11:56 AM »
Sometimes around here, you can't present an alternative idea without instigating a little havoc.  It usually only becomes a problem when an individual (any individual, non-specific) misinterprets a statement of facts, views, or making a point, for a personal attack.  When that individual then forgets about the topic completely and turns the discussion into an "I'm better than you" face off, the thread gets spoiled.  Most of us are more than happy to agree to disagree.  From time to time it's normal for an online discussion thread to need a little clean-up.  It's a fairly rare occurrence here, I'd just chalk it up to being the internet and leave it at that.   

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 01:00:26 PM »
I know my suggestion will go nowhere.  But I do not appreciate political comments, and especially diatribes against our president Obama.  There is a "Debate" section, where, I suppose, anything goes.

In the "Open Forum", and other places, I would like to see a "Zero Tolerance" ban on any comments regarding our government in Washington.  Republican or Democrat, I don't care.  None of it is called for here.

Floyd
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline WLGeorge

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 02:04:34 PM »
I kind of sorta agree with Mr. Carter.  I don't care to read politics here unless it relates to model aircraft.  I have never met Mr. Carter but he posts here pretty regular and I attempt to read all of his stuff.  For some reason he makes sense to me.  That should scare the pants off of him.  I don't always agree with him but he still makes sense and presents his thoughts very well.  One day I may meet the man and if he needs a good bashing at least I will do it to him where he can bash me back.  Maybe we all need to remember things we learned in first grade, but quit acting like we are still there.

Offline Larry Fernandez

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 04:33:43 PM »
I know my suggestion will go nowhere.  But I do not appreciate political comments, and especially diatribes against our president Obama.  There is a "Debate" section, where, I suppose, anything goes.

In the "Open Forum", and other places, I would like to see a "Zero Tolerance" ban on any comments regarding our government in Washington.  Republican or Democrat, I don't care.  None of it is called for here.

Floyd

Floyde is absolutely right!
The fact that our Commander in Chief is a blithering pinhead has no place on Sparkeys board.

Larry, Buttafucco Stunt Team

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 04:47:18 PM »
Floyde is absolutely right!
The fact that our Commander in Chief is a blithering pinhead has no place on Sparkeys board.

Too bad we don't have a "thumbs up" option on here.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 11:50:03 PM by Bill Morell »
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73
  Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 06:48:17 PM »
Some want to be recognized as the defacto expert but being a smart alec usually has the opposite effect.  I'm guilty too, must be the glue or something. 

MM
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 09:13:33 PM by Motorman »

Offline Larry Fernandez

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 03:52:33 AM »
Some want to be recognized as the defacto expert but being a smart alec usually has the opposite effect.  I'm guilty too, must be the glue or something. 

MM

I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue.

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 04:07:11 AM »
Too bad we don't have a "thumbs up" option on here.
Actually, it's not that hard to have, all the way over to the right border. Wouldn't hurt, but I see no need for a thumbs down button. Here's a site I belong to, but the button which looks like a thumbs up, didn't copy;):

Chasegal88
    Chasegal88 is offline Member

Seems like those venomous snakes bump into a lot of things! I'm fortunate enough to hardly stumble into the bad snakes other than fishing. I do seem to walk up on a bunch of black snakes though. I leave em alone because I've always heard they keep venomous ones away.

Quick reply to this message Reply   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote   Multi-Quote This Message      
    10-18-2014, 05:39 PM #33
    John Stiles
    John Stiles is online now Ultimate Member
    2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Velvet-tails are the best eating....they rattle when they're happy/they buzz when they're mad!

Quick reply to this message Reply   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote   Multi-Quote This Message      

John Stiles             Tulip, Ar.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here