News:

• March 29, 2024, 04:51:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Fetching Preview"  (Read 2204 times)

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
"Fetching Preview"
« on: October 15, 2014, 07:02:25 PM »
I often use the "preview" feature, and recently, it's been ever so slow. I'm wondering if anybody else has noticed this change? I thought maybe it was because I'm still on Windows XP and IE8, but right now, I'm on Firefox, and it's still slow as molasses.  :-[ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
Re: "Fetching Preview"
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 07:47:45 PM »
On this site? where do you find that button?

If youy are talking about preview post, It works fine here. It could be your internet connection.
AMA 12366

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 08:00:00 PM »
If you push the "preview" button (between "post" and "spell check"), the response is "Fetching preview...". It always worked quickly before.  I'm getting more and more resistance to XP and IE8 from some websites. I doubt that ComCast is working all that slowly for the last 2-4 weeks. It's probably all my fault for wanting to proofread my posts. Luckily, Spell Check is still quick, if not altogether trustworthy.  H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 08:41:10 PM »
If you push the "preview" button (between "post" and "spell check"), the response is "Fetching preview...". It always worked quickly before.  I'm getting more and more resistance to XP and IE8 from some websites. I doubt that ComCast is working all that slowly for the last 2-4 weeks. It's probably all my fault for wanting to proofread my posts. Luckily, Spell Check is still quick, if not altogether trustworthy.  H^^ Steve

Yep like when Yatsinko = Yardstick
AMA 12366

Offline Peter Grabenstein

• 2020 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 08:00:54 AM »
 H^^

« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 10:04:52 AM by Peter Grabenstein »
I hate pessimists, I prefer optimists.
Impossible is done immediately, miracles take longer.
I don't care who your father is ......... as long as I fly here,
Nobody walks, runs, floats or flies across my circle ......... not even to fetch fish, wine or bread.

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 08:21:36 AM »
Yatsenko still turns up Yardstick when you use spell checker
AMA 12366

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 03:02:30 PM »
The problem with Spell Check is that none of them will correct your error if you put the wrong word, like loose/lose, or there/their/they're. It can only do so much. Some of them do allow you to enter technical words or words like "Yatsenko", but if you don't know how to spell them correctly, that's a lost cause. Robert is correct, the two suggested alternate spellings are "Yardstick" and "Birdsong". I kinda like Birdsong better of the two.  LL~ Steve
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 02:46:51 PM by Steve Helmick »

Online Bill Hummel

• 22 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 06:16:10 PM »
Steve, same problem with "Fetching preview"...no clue what's going on.
ama 72090

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 06:22:17 PM »
Thanks for that, Bill. I'm not sure if I've ever been patient enough to wait for the thing to load the preview in the last couple weeks or more. Well, it probably isn't a huge deal, except to those few of us who use it, huh?  :-\ Steve

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 06:24:50 PM »
Thanks for that, Bill. I'm not sure if I've ever been patient enough to wait for the thing to load the preview in the last couple weeks or more. Well, it probably isn't a huge deal, except to those few of us who use it, huh?  :-\ Steve

Try now . I did the maintenance and it seems to be OK now
AMA 12366

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2014, 06:33:34 PM »
Do I have to? I hit the preview button at 5:26 and did some KP duties. It's now 5:31, (5 minutes) and it's still "Fetching". I'm using Firfox right now.  :X Steve

Offline Joe Yau

• AMA Member
  • Captain
    • My CLPA Channel
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2014, 07:11:15 PM »
Do I have to? I hit the preview button at 5:26 and did some KP duties. It's now 5:31, (5 minutes) and it's still "Fetching". I'm using Firfox right now.  :X Steve

Hi Steve,  try this maybe.. http://www.opera.com/computer?gclid=Cj0KEQjw_IKiBRD7rPqut_OZ4qgBEiQASm4GAoDY_CCGx6F1wxv_MQfh57HYLD9dxoRj6INiAZSmWGkaArN_8P8HAQ

It seems to be faster with XP/IE8 on my old laptop.  even though I'm on my newer computer with Window 7 / IE and its seems fairly fast if I click on preview.  O.k. I just checked.. and it's 3 sec.  I have also tried Fire Fox on the XP, and it was just as slow as IE-8. as why I hardly use my old laptop.   but I find Opera seems to be better.  H^^

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2014, 07:21:33 PM »
I am using chrome and it happens to preview in seconds.
AMA 12366

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here