News:

• April 25, 2024, 01:37:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AMA Election  (Read 1349 times)

Offline John Cralley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
AMA Election
« on: September 28, 2014, 05:44:14 PM »
I marked my AMA ballot for Hoss Cain.

I know he is sympathetic with Control Line modeling!  y1
John Cralley
Scratch Built - Often Re-kitted!!!
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: AMA Election
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 06:32:25 PM »
Gary Fitch is a long time modeler and is active in District II. He attended many GSCB events, even flew in one. He was a regular at the GSCB Swap Meet as well.
An advantage to Gary is that he is familiar with the current cadre at HQ and is a pretty good politician.

Have fun!

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 08:07:50 PM »
It matters little, who's elected.  The AMA is way beyond help anyway, where Control Line is concerned!

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Hoss Cain

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 10:54:07 PM »
It matters little, who's elected.  The AMA is way beyond help anyway, where Control Line is concerned!

Randy Cuberly

Mr. Cuberly, you may well be correct. OTOH I feel the same way about our United States of America. Yet I will not give up on changes to come.

I just returned from a rather large Event out near Seguin, TX. There were some AMA officers and a few ex-officers there plus RCers of different likes and dislikes. It remained gentle and it was a great event, even though Sat PM just had to water the grass BIG TIME!     R%%%%

There were a number of good discussions. I even held back on my temper and now I am glad I attended and more glad that we did talk about a number of AMA things. No settlements yet, IMO, we each had some things to study about. There are going to be some new folks on the EC. Some of those, especially one for sure, in his second year will be a very significant strength in getting some changes made. I was amazed at how well this rather young gentleman handled himself in several short discussions.
Keep  the faith baby!!!
Horrace Cain
AMA L-93 CD and Leader
New Caney, TX  (NE Houston area)

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 11:21:19 PM »
Gary Fitch is a long time modeler and is active in District II. He attended many GSCB events, even flew in one. He was a regular at the GSCB Swap Meet as well.
An advantage to Gary is that he is familiar with the current cadre at HQ and is a pretty good politician.

Have fun!

Is he a member here? If not enough said.
AMA 12366

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 04:05:52 AM »
I think that membership here should not be a criteria.
Immediately I think of John Brodak, Bill Werwage and Winfred.

James_Mynes

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 05:14:20 AM »

I consider that fact in itself reason to vote against him. What the AMA needs is to break away from the status quo.

Offline Hoss Cain

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 08:17:52 AM »
I consider that fact in itself reason to vote against him. What the AMA needs is to break away from the status quo.

I like that!  y1
Horrace Cain
AMA L-93 CD and Leader

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 08:39:50 AM »
I think that membership here should not be a criteria.
Immediately I think of John Brodak, Bill Werwage and Winfred.

John is a member here and Billy doesn't have  computer and Windy is no longer flying. I believe in supporting people who support us.
AMA 12366

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 09:46:53 AM »
When are ballots due?  Still waiting on mine.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 12:42:19 PM »

Randy Cuberly

Hoss,
I meant no disrespect towards you with my comment.  You have my vote!  I do think that the current AMA leadership is more interested in commercial ventures that flying model airplanes.  I doubt that one person or even several can change that.

I do believe you will try!  Best of luck!  From some of your comments in the past I believe you have already run smack up against some of the leadership attitude I'm referring to!

I do agree completely with the comment above that being a "Politician" who is familiar with the workings of AMA is a huge reason not to vote for someone.   y1 y1 HB~>

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline 55chevr

• 2016 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 02:43:32 PM »
The AMA is running what it considers a business.  The members don't see it that way.   If we can get a voice in the process it will only be to our benefit.  I too believe that the AMA is "too broke to fix" but we have no other course to navigate.

Joe
Joe Daly

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 10:18:04 PM »
Sent my vote for Hoss today. It certainly can't hurt to have a CL flyer in there if he is willing to give up his free time to do it. Everyone on here that is an AMA member should support him  Mike
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline Hoss Cain

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 09:47:37 AM »
Sent my vote for Hoss today. It certainly can't hurt to have a CL flyer in there if he is willing to give up his free time to do it. Everyone on here that is an AMA member should support him  Mike

Thanks much, Mr. Mike, Et. Al. I do still love CL models. I do have some C L models. I have a new design and hope to get it done this winter. Swept wing, 60" span, .61 size, to look like a slimmed fuselage Mig 17. No plans, just started cutting Balsa last winter but got a tad slow.
I have several others including an old design of around 1950. model is new, never flown but Hanging with a Super Cyclone that I flew a lot back in the mid-50s. I have a number of S. Cykes, Ardens,  Anderson Spitfires, etc. and kits from 1940s to Noblers, Thunderbirds and such.
I fly a couple Ringmasters (Fox 35s), Still Stuka (Fox .25) and some old _ "just started cutting balsa" _  :## stuff in the back yard

Yes Guys I may no longer be the big competition CLer, but CL will never go away until I do.  y1

Horrace Cain
AMA L-93 CD and Leader

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 10:56:09 AM »
When are ballots due?  Still waiting on mine.
John I got mine last week in my renewal letter.  Coming soon to a mailbox near you.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here