News:

• March 29, 2024, 02:40:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OS 25 la muffler  (Read 1659 times)

Offline GonzoBonzo

• GonzoBonzo
  • 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
OS 25 la muffler
« on: September 20, 2014, 02:50:41 PM »
Just received an os 25 la.  Looking at the muffler, there is a removable cone in the middle where the muffler separates.  Is this cone "tuned", anti-reversion, or is it just a restrictive piece to turn down the dB's? What's the best way to use it?  Looks like I could go three ways.

TIA

Gonzo
Gonzo

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: OS 25 la muffler
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 05:00:10 PM »
If it's the E2030 muffler, then whatever OS's intention may have been, it's tuned.  At least on the FP 20 (which uses the same muffler) the Brett-Buck recommended set up is to leave it as it is.  I suspect that he feels the same way on the LA 25.

I use stock E2030 mufflers on both my LA 25 and my FP 20, and I couldn't be happier.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 08:25:35 PM »
Just received an os 25 la.  Looking at the muffler, there is a removable cone in the middle where the muffler separates.  Is this cone "tuned", anti-reversion, or is it just a restrictive piece to turn down the dB's? What's the best way to use it?  Looks like I could go three ways.

I don't know what the intent might have been but leave it as it is, with the cone pointing aft. Do not modify the muffler in any way.

Brett

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 10:11:52 PM »
my friend (rc flyer, not CL) noticed i was having issues with power on a small plane. he tuned the engine his way, and no difference. he said my muffler was too restrictive. so we took it apart and drilled out that cone. the next two runs were useless. terrible power. i replaced the muffler and the next week my CL friend pointed out my lines were way wrong for that size plane.
 moral... don't mess with the cone! lol. i like that muffler. if you want something different, just buy an aftermarket muffler.it's so much nicer than chasing an engine problem.

Offline GonzoBonzo

• GonzoBonzo
  • 2016 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 07:36:36 AM »
Ok, thanks guys.  I will leave in as is.
Gonzo

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here