News:

• March 29, 2024, 02:05:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OT Reno  (Read 1601 times)

Dwayne

• Trade Count: (0)
OT Reno
« on: September 14, 2014, 03:58:10 PM »
Ok so who's watching  www.liveairshowtv.com  

Offline PerttiMe

• Admiral
Re: OT Reno
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 10:06:02 AM »
I was watching, but had to go to bed after the unlimited Silver Race.

In the morning I looked up the results. Looks like Precious Metal fans are not convinced the DQ was fair. And Rare Bear ... I haven't found out yet what caused the DNF.
I built a Blue Pants as a kid. Wish I still had it. Might even learn to fly it.

Offline Jared Hays

• 2020 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 04:26:12 PM »
I watched it all in the flesh! I was there!

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 06:55:23 PM »
I watched it all in the flesh! I was there!

First time Jared or?
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Bill Heher

• Fix-it
  • 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
  • I may not always BOM- but I do the re-builds!
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 08:52:13 PM »
Was rooting for Precious Metal, the DQ was a heartbreaker- and unsubstantiated in my opinion- but to go from a flameout / dead stick landing/ fail to qualify, to working your way through the Bronze and Silver heats, to flying a clean race to 3rd place in the Gold- all I can say is , You can still be a Winner without a trophy!
Bill Heher
Central Florida and across the USA!
If it's broke Fix-it
If it ain't broke- let me see it for a minute AMA 264898- since 1988!

Offline Jared Hays

• 2020 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 10:05:30 AM »
First time Jared or?

Yes The Saturday Gold Heat race made the trip worth it even with Tiger getting DQ'd for flying to high, the finish was amazing.  Voodoo got him by a spinner but in the stands you couldn't tell it even took the announcers 30 min to figure it out with slo-mo replays but the then DQ'd him.   Saturday's avg. race speed 496 mph!

and PM getting DQ'd on Sunday is bullshit...he ran a clean race.  Here is the proof.    Lap 2 was the DQ'ing lap....sure don't see PM flying over show line like the judge says...

Dwayne

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 10:22:02 AM »
It's amazing to me that there is no appeals process, how is that possible?

Offline PerttiMe

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 12:10:01 PM »
It's amazing to me that there is no appeals process, how is that possible?
It is the rules.
You fly Stunt by the rules. They Race by the rules. Sometimes rules bite you. Now, the rules may be biting at both ends.

The cut - if there was one - was not in front of the grand stands. It was in front of the houses on the east side of the course - in the area around pylons 2 and 3. Some have spotted a possible place for crossing that in the video. Whatever the case, there's so much "excitement" in the air about it that I'm not surprised if it was the last Unlimited race ever.
I built a Blue Pants as a kid. Wish I still had it. Might even learn to fly it.

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 05:11:25 PM »
...even took the announcers 30 min to figure it out with slo-mo replays but the then DQ'd him.

I love Reno, and especially the Unlimiteds but the announcers out there couldn't find their ass with both hands if they had to. Anyone with half a brain out there just has to get sick of listening to them in short order. It's weird, I think the same two guys have been doing it for years but I'm sorry, THEY SUCK! They really need a new line too instead of constantly calling the Unlimited class "THE BAAAAD BOYS OF AIR RACING!" That part of the Reno experience is just lame.

Wayne Willey

Offline Dan Bregar

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
  • Field Marshall
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 07:55:14 PM »
Have to agree with Wayne about the announcers.  You get sick of hearing them pretty quick.  By Sunday you just wish they would shut up.  But we don't go there to hear the announcers now do we.  Where else can we go to equal the Reno Race experience anywhere else on the Planet ?  I was there in 2011 & 2012, but couldn't make it this year.  I'm going to try hard to get there again next year.  I always root for Rare Bear, and am awed by how fast a couple of the Mustangs really are.  Strega is one that really impressed me along with Precious Metal & Voodoo.  :)
AMA 33676

Offline Jared Hays

• 2020 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 08:32:41 PM »
Well in my opinion Precious Metal needs third place back.   Yea the announcers even said this at one point... "Here comes the F7F TigerCat with it's One radial engine the same engine that's in the Corsair" hahah dumbshits.  LL~

Offline Bill Heher

• Fix-it
  • 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
  • I may not always BOM- but I do the re-builds!
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 02:19:18 PM »
If you want to see how a true professional and stand-up guy responds to adversity, go the Precious Metals Fan Page and read the message from Thom. Truly a heartfelt and honest statement, it reveals the tue spirit of a competitor who can rise above and maintain his objectivity in the face of adversity. The guy is a Champion! He will return!
Bill Heher
Central Florida and across the USA!
If it's broke Fix-it
If it ain't broke- let me see it for a minute AMA 264898- since 1988!

Dwayne

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2014, 07:46:55 PM »
If you want to see how a true professional and stand-up guy responds to adversity, go the Precious Metals Fan Page and read the message from Thom. Truly a heartfelt and honest statement, it reveals the tue spirit of a competitor who can rise above and maintain his objectivity in the face of adversity. The guy is a Champion! He will return!

I see you are in Florida, how close are you to PM's hangar?

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2014, 08:40:13 PM »

I read that the other night, good stuff. y1

Wayne Willey

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here