News:

• April 16, 2024, 06:51:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Broken Arrow Stunt and Scale Contest/ International Cox PT-19 Fly-A Thon  (Read 795 times)

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
   Just a quick blurb here to ask you guys to check out the Events section for the contest announcement for our up coming Annual Broken Arrow Stunt and Scale Contest at historic Buder Park in Valley Park, Mo. on September 20 and 21, 2014. I have received official Okie Dokie from our CR, Bob Arata, to announce that there will be a gathering of anyone who has a Cox PT-19 to put up some flights of the historic favorite trainer model after all contest flying has been completed for the day. I have also posted in the 1/2A section of Stunthanger also in a thread about the Cox PT-19 event. I wouldn't mind if anyone brought any kind of Cox or other plastic RTF to put up a flight on that afternoon. I have a sorta ok Cox Stuka that I have always wanted to fly just to prove I can, since that was my first gas powered model airplane but fell victim to the dread half-lap-to-a-wingover-and-crash syndrome that a lot of us experienced as we tried to win our wings! Check out the information posted at the other sections and if you can, come out and enjoy the festivities!
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline WLGeorge

• Lieutenant
Re: Broken Arrow Stunt and Scale Contest/ International Cox PT-19 Fly-A Thon
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 05:48:03 AM »
Loved the old Cox Pt but never flew one.  When I was 14 I traded for a Stuka.  Flew rather well for a plastic model.  Still have most of it but the engine and the vertical stab have disappeared in the last 40 years.  I also have a WenMac  P 26 but it's in a storage box somewhere.  The Stuka proudly sits on my bedroom dresser, missing parts and all. 

Offline Sean McEntee

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 10:04:15 AM »
I have a sorta ok Cox Stuka that I have always wanted to fly just to prove I can, since that was my first gas powered model airplane but fell victim to the dread half-lap-to-a-wingover-and-crash syndrome that a lot of us experienced as we tried to win our wings!

Awwwww!  Wish I could see that!  Make sure Sparky or someone takes a good video!!!! :D

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 08:01:38 PM »

Sounds like fun Dan, I even have a spankin' new RTF PT-19, wish I could make it.

Waaay back in 5th or 6th grade me and two other buddies had a couple of them that we shared. We flew them year-round in the Elementary school parking lot. Seemed like we were out there everyday, I can't imagine how many flights they got on them over a few years. I'll never forget being out there one calm winter day when it was snowing big flakes so hard that you could hardly see the plane out at the end of the lines, I can still visualize it, it was a BLAST!!! y1
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 08:48:40 PM »
I will have the camera for video and still pictures....this should be fun! The contest is a qualifier for the NASA Scale Classic and have the PT-19's going.  Next weekend can't come fast enough.

Fred

Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 08:00:03 PM »
Next weekend we will be flying in St Louis, always a good time