News:

• March 28, 2024, 10:52:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sky Sport rebuild  (Read 3070 times)

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Sky Sport rebuild
« on: August 31, 2014, 04:35:33 PM »
Only the wing is original, and it has been modified to take trike Landing Gear. That carbon veil sure solved the fuselage twist problem! Microlite film over light weight Polyspan. Very light, very strong!  #^
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: Sky Sport rebuild
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 06:45:56 PM »
Larry,

I just saw this. What a cute little model!

You're own design?

Could put something on those wings?

Would you like some lettering? No charge!

PM me.
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 09:55:05 PM »
Yes, it is my design, and now an RSM kit for .049 to .061 high performance engines. Fully capable of a 500 point patterns proved by Bart Klapinski. I usually can struggle to a mid 400s myself. It has taken many trophies in the hands of me and others.

I really appreciate your offer, and would be delighted to work with a professional graphics guy again. Physical design and aero capabilities are MY thing. Graphics were left to the experts in my career as a toy and model designer.

I'll post the photos of the previous versions, probably tomorrow. Just an amateur starting point, of course. I also have used wet decals, but they tend to not be durable. Of course the graphics on a film wing and small model can't compete with a Nats class stunter because of weight and size considerations. But it surely can be better than my artwork.

I have followed some of your deco threads, and would welcome your input. Cool stuff!

Thanks for the offer!!!   H^^

DesignMan

Offline Steve Thornton

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 12:26:55 AM »
Larry did you hinge the elevator prior to carbon veil? What line length & engine?  Great looking plane!
Steve 
"Most of us won't make it out of this world alive."
Steve Thornton

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 07:22:58 AM »
I used polyspan for over/under hinges after doing the carbon veil.

DesignMan

Offline billbyles

• AMA Member
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 03:14:28 PM »
I used polyspan for over/under hinges after doing the carbon veil.

Hi Larry,

Does the Skysport have the super flexi fuselage like your 1/2a airplane that Bob Hunt, Bob Whitely, myself, and a couple of others flew at the contest a couple of years ago?  Sure made things interesting and it was good to see Bob Hunt get a workout with his flight.
Bill Byles
AMA 20913
So. Cal.

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 10:25:26 PM »
Somehow both my planes had the fuselages broken at that contest while they were in the pits. I never knew how, and nobody "fessed up". The fuselage would lock in on one direction, but flex in the other. I didn't find out until I got home. Up until then the planes flew great.

DesignMan

Offline billbyles

• AMA Member
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 06:25:33 PM »
Somehow both my planes had the fuselages broken at that contest while they were in the pits. I never knew how, and nobody "fessed up". The fuselage would lock in on one direction, but flex in the other. I didn't find out until I got home. Up until then the planes flew great.

I bet it was Whitely's fault...he did the first flight with some pretty hard corners - yeah, that's it, it couldn't be because he flies better than I do (could it?)
Bill Byles
AMA 20913
So. Cal.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here