News:

• April 19, 2024, 01:53:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Carstens/Flying Models  (Read 855 times)

Offline Wayne J. Buran

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Carstens/Flying Models
« on: August 30, 2014, 02:27:44 PM »
I just picked this up on anothe forum. Basically White River Publications purchased Railroad Magazines but "Flying Models" was not included.
Wayne

http://www.modelrailroadnews.com/PDF...ase_140829.pdf (Bucklin, Missouri) – White River Productions has acquired Railroad Model Craftsman and Railfan & Railroad magazines, effective September 1, 2014. The asset purchase agreement between Carstens Publications and White River Productions was completed Thursday, August 28, 2014. Carstens Publications’ final issues of the two titles are the June issues, and future issues will be produced by White River Productions. Staff assignments for the two publications have not yet been determined. Included in the agreement is the Books Division of Carstens Publications, which will continue under White River Productions. Not included is Flying Models magazine. “We are excited to welcome these two Carstens titles to our family of White River Productions publications,” said Kevin EuDaly, president of White River Productions. “These magazines are an important part of railroad publications and White River Productions looks forward to continuing their legacies.” Subscribers will be pleased to know existing subscriptions are to be honored and fulfilled by the new ownership. Fulfillment will be based on the number of remaining issues in existing subscriptions. Due to the need to get the magazines’ cover dates current, a combined issue scenario will likely be employed, but the number of issues owed to each subscriber will be adjusted accordingly. “If you have six issues left on your subscription, you will receive six issues,” EuDaly said. The magazines’ new mailing address for all subscriber, reader, and industry communication is the Bucklin address. Advertisers should contact Mike Lindsay of White River Productions at 800-282-3291 or via email at ads@railfan.com, ads@modelcraftsman.com, or ads@ modelrailroadnews.com. Mike will be managing advertising for the new titles
Wayne Buran
Medina, Ohio
AMA 14986 CD
USAF Veteran 35 TAC GP/ 6236 CSG, DonMuang RTAFB, Bangkok, Thailand 65-66 North Coast Controliners   "A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well!

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
Re: Carstens/Flying Models
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 11:39:15 PM »
Like others here, the timing hit me - I've received one issue after paying for another two years.  But really, any financial consideration pales compared to the loss I feel on the "death" of the magazine.  We've seen so many good magazines become primarily catalogs for ARF RC models (and I fly some of those) that it hurts.

I've enjoyed almost every page of Flying Models for some years, and read relatively little of the magazines that are left ...

Dennis
 :'(

Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Carstens/Flying Models
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 05:29:35 PM »
Like others here, the timing hit me - I've received one issue after paying for another two years.  But really, any financial consideration pales compared to the loss I feel on the "death" of the magazine.  We've seen so many good magazines become primarily catalogs for ARF RC models (and I fly some of those) that it hurts.

I've enjoyed almost every page of Flying Models for some years, and read relatively little of the magazines that are left ...

Dennis
 :'(

I don't think the final bell has tolled quite yet for Flying Models.  If anybody is a good writer of an interactive web site their services may be needed also.

Phil C
phil Cartier

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here