News:

• March 28, 2024, 11:51:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brotherhood of the Ring  (Read 10859 times)

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
Brotherhood of the Ring
« on: August 24, 2014, 04:18:23 PM »

Announcing the 7th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster

Fly-A-Thon!!

October 4th  & 5th, 2014

Dear fellow model airplane flier,

I am sending you this e-mail to alert you about the upcoming 7th Annual Ringmaster Worldwide Fly-A-Thon. We at the Brotherhood of the Ring sincerely hope that you will help us set a new World record number of Ringmaster flights!!                                                    

The Fly-A-Thon is sponsored by the Brotherhood of the Ring, a forum devoted primarily to the wonderful old time Ringmaster control line model airplanes.

http://www.brotherhoodofthering.info .

If you are not a member of the Brotherhood of the Ring Forum, I urge you to take the time to register at the above link and check out the world of information and the friendly fellow control line modelers you will find there.

The Fly-A-Thon is a non-competitive event to honor the plane that many of us older USA modelers flew back in the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s.

Simply stated, we want to see how many Ringmaster flights can be recorded over a single weekend, the first weekend in October (10/4-5/2014). Last year we recorded 2334 flights (a new record) in number of  different countries worldwide. The simple rules are stated below and I want to direct particular attention to the last paragraph. Recruiting new people to join control line model airplane hobby is an important aspect of this event!

We hope you will join us this year and have fun flying your Ringmasters along with fellow modelers around the World.!!

Regards,

John Cralley AMA 52183 (for the Brotherhood of the Ring)

Copies of files for a Flyer for the event (Adobe PDF and MS Word doc files) are attached to this e-mail. If you flew with us last year please feel free to forward this e-mail to your fellow fliers from last year’s Fly-A-Thon and PLEASE see if you can recruit some new participants for this year. Also feel free to print the flyer and distribute it to your local hobby shop and anyone that might be interested.

If you did not fly in last year’s Fly-A-Thon, we hope you will be able to join us this year. As stated above the Flyer has the simple rules for you to follow in order to participate.

If English is not your 1st language you have permission to translate the Flyer file into your own language to share with other modelers!

Below is a summary of the rules:

On October 4 & 5, we challenge you to fly any one or more of the many Ringmasters, old or new, and report your flights to:   flyathon2014@yahoo.com

Deadline for reporting is 12:00 noon Eastern Daylight time (USA)
 Tuesday October 7, 2014
Please report how many different Ringmasters flew, how many total

Ringmaster flights were made and the location of these flights.

You may also report how many different pilots flew, how many Ringmasters were flown at the same time and what type of Ringmasters were flown.

Also, if you get someone new to solo on a Ringmaster, that flight will count as 2 flights! Let us know how many new solo flights we have too! If this will help promote new flyers by flying the same plane so many of us started with, this would be a bonus!

Modelers who do not have access to a Ringmaster model to fly can easily build their own. The S-1 (Original) Ringmaster was designed for a Fox 35 Stunt engine but flies very well on modern 25 sized engines. The Baby Ringmaster (built up winged) and the Beginner's (sheet winged) Ringmaster are 1/2 A sized models which can easily be built in a few evenings.

If you would like copies of PDF files for regular S-1 or 1/2 A Ringmaster plans, send a request to the e-mail below!

Direct any questions to: fflyathon2014@yahoo.com

This is all about celebrating Control Line modeling!!!!

Since we use mailing lists from various sources you may have already received this or a similar announcement.

We apologize for such duplications.

If you do not wish to receive future notices about this event simply send a reply message to jccrall@frontier.com  with "Unsubscribe" as the subject.

One of  My S-1 Electric Ringmasters

I also invite you to join my Face Book Group:

Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon

https://www.facebook.com/groups/RingmasterFlyAThon/

Posted for John Cralley

« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 06:00:56 AM by Robert Storick »
AMA 12366

Online Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
Re: Brotherhood of the Ring
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 07:13:11 PM »
And to make it even better, bring your RM to the Memphis Stunt Classic and we will tally the flights.
You can also fly a RM in our contest and it will be counted as well.

H^^
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Douglas Ames

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 07:25:29 PM »
Dang, gotta start building! This summer has gone quick.
AMA 656546

If you do a little bit every day it will get done, or you can do it tomorrow.

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 07:38:38 PM »
 I have tried to register/login to the BOR site a few different times over the past few years. I just now tried setting myself up again using the link posted above. I have yet to ever have it work. :(
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Rick Bollinger

• Commander
  • AMA 931589
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 07:55:02 PM »
The Burlington Model Airplane Club will again host a Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon. 3 Rings for the Rings with one being for the 1/2A's. Hamburgers, hotdogs,chips and drinks for lunch. Here is the club link for directions and more info or just pm me.
https://sites.google.com/site/burlingtonmodelairplaneclub/
Rick Bollinger
AMA 931589

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 08:11:48 AM »
I did not have trouble getting a log in or even registered at the Brotherhood of the Ring.   That is after I would take time to read.   Same with the PAMPA site.   I guess I have no patience as I want it done last week. LL~ LL~
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Mike Lauerman

• 2016 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 07:56:42 PM »
I had trouble prior to the upgrade of the site...Next time around, I did as Doc said: Read carefully, and follow directions to the letter.

Membership as one of the brothers is worth its weight in contest balsa. The secret handshake is elusive, though...

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 09:50:59 AM »
Just TWO weeks until:

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon!!!

The World's largest Control Line FUN-FLY!!!

Don't miss the FUN!!
John Cralley
Scratch Built - Often Re-kitted!!!
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 08:11:11 AM »
Slovakia (home of the World F2B champion Igor Burger) will be joining the Fly-A-Thon this year! Attila Csontos from Slovakia has designed an electric 900E Ringmaster (900 mm wing span about 35 inches). He is cutting kits of this foam wing model and it flies great!

Here is a Link to the maiden flight video:

You may have to be signed into facebook for the video to work.

John Cralley
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 09:23:16 AM »
If you are not familiar with Mike O'Neill's Blog, "FlyBoyz", I can tell you it is worth a look!! Mike is an aviation lover and especially model aviation!! His Blog is very professionally presented and covers a wide range of model aviation.

Yesterday Mike kindly posted a Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon informational blog page. The link is below but I also recommend that you browse the whole of FlyBoyz and maybe register so that you will get notices of his new posts. You do NOT have to register to see his posts but you may miss some new ones if you don't.  y1

http://www.flyboyzblog.com/7th-annual-worldwide-ringmaster-fly-a-thon/
John Cralley
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2014, 05:31:12 PM »
I have tried to register/login to the BOR site a few different times over the past few years. I just now tried setting myself up again using the link posted above. I have yet to ever have it work. :(
Must not be holdin yer mouth right.  ;D
John Stiles             Tulip, Ar.

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 07:16:52 PM »

I've had exactly the same results and problems for the last two or three years.  I don't enderstand why it's so difficult to get onto this site.  You guys mest think it's the NSA or something.

I'm beginng to think I made the right decision last year when I just decided "It ain't worth the trouble"...

Randy Cuberly!
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 07:43:57 PM »
Just got off the BOR site.   No problems as long as I type my login and password correctly.   
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 08:40:07 PM »
Me too, Doc. I keep a folder in my email account with username and password for various websites. Might not be as convenient as a "little black book" but harder to lose or steal.  H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Mark Mc

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 01:30:10 AM »
I've had exactly the same results and problems for the last two or three years.  I don't enderstand why it's so difficult to get onto this site.  You guys mest think it's the NSA or something.

I'm beginng to think I made the right decision last year when I just decided "It ain't worth the trouble"...

Randy Cuberly!

Me too.  And it's not just an issue of "holdin' yer mouth right".  I belong to a dozen or so boards for various interests/needs.  BOTR is hands-down the worst to try to log into.  I imagine they made it so hard to get into years ago as a security feature to eliminate spammers and such.  I just quit bothering.  There are plenty of other boards to spend my time on.

Mark

Offline goozgog

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2014, 07:31:41 AM »
Balsa Beavers will be there!
Keith Morgan

Offline Hoss Cain

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 10:49:20 AM »
Me too.  And it's not just an issue of "holdin' yer mouth right".  I belong to a dozen or so boards for various interests/needs.  BOTR is hands-down the worst to try to log into.  I imagine they made it so hard to get into years ago as a security feature to eliminate spammers and such.  I just quit bothering.  There are plenty of other boards to spend my time on.

Mark

Probably throwing away votes for my running for AMA Executive Vice President, but I have never been able to log-in and remain on the Ringmaster Brotherhood.  Therefore I will also let it pass. I did last year make a change on computer, passwords, etc. etc., but no one else has had a problem with my change-overs.
I understand that it is nice for the computer wizards to play with such, however I am NOT one of those folks. I speak straight and plainly. I am used to those easy web-sites where they keep things easy so as to get my $$$ orders. HA! It seems their directions are easy enough for me, but not yours.
Good Luck with the Ringmasters.
Horrace Cain
AMA L-93 CD and Leader
New Caney, TX  (NE Houston area)

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 05:54:31 PM »
This thread is about the 7th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon not the Brotherhood of the Ring Forum.

Sparky and I have no control over the Brotherhood of the Ring forum and cannot offer any help with the administration of that WEB site.

The Brotherhood Administrators are:

Dee Rice golfrice1@yahoo.com
Richard Grogan also a moderator of this forum (you can PM him from here)
David Strawn  dstrawntx@verizon.com

If you are experiencing problems signing on to the Brotherhood forum you should contact them and perhaps they can help you.

Thanks
John Cralley
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline Ron Cribbs

• Commander
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2014, 07:19:33 PM »
Contact Dee,

I would hate to think folks don't join due to sign in problems.

I joined and it was easy peasey. That was with my cell phone.  It's a great place to visit and new blood is refreshing.

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2014, 08:53:42 PM »
This thread is about the 7th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon not the Brotherhood of the Ring Forum.

Understood, but if the BOR site was more user friendly you might see even more folks participating in your event.

On another note, if simply commenting here about difficulties in attempting to use the BOM site is such a big deal, then maybe this thread should have been titled as "7th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon" and not "Brotherhood of the Ring". Probably would have received many of the same comments either way though.

Wayne Willey

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 12:27:08 AM »
Well,
I did manage to somehow magically get signed up for the Brotherhood of The Ring Site.  Recieved an e-mail today saying I was accepted on the site, and had no trouble signing in. 
I guess there is something to complaining here even though Sparky obviously has no control over that site. 

It would seem that some folks there heard and answered.

Thanks for whatever magic managed the feat!

It is a nice site, and seems to be well done!

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 06:42:56 AM »
We have great Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon support from Brazil!! Marcelo Cremon is a good part of the spark behind the Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon there.
He created this poster for this year's Fly-A-Thon
John Cralley
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline Bill Gruby

• Admiral
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2014, 07:28:49 AM »
Probably throwing away votes for my running for AMA Executive Vice President, but I have never been able to log-in and remain on the Ringmaster Brotherhood.  Therefore I will also let it pass. I did last year make a change on computer, passwords, etc. etc., but no one else has had a problem with my change-overs.
I understand that it is nice for the computer wizards to play with such, however I am NOT one of those folks. I speak straight and plainly. I am used to those easy web-sites where they keep things easy so as to get my $$$ orders. HA! It seems their directions are easy enough for me, but not yours.
Good Luck with the Ringmasters.

You are registered and accepted now Hoss. Can I help anyone else with this type problem?

"Bill Gruby"
Bill Gruby
AMA 94433
MECA 5393-10

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2014, 07:57:13 PM »

Hey Bill, what ever happened with the big biplane?

Wayne Willey

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2014, 06:36:06 AM »
Do Ringmasters have official FAA approval?  Is it considered FPV when I look at my Ringmaster as I fly it, or is it required that I close my eyes?

I'll be saber-dancing my Super Ringmaster on Ringmaster-A-Thon day.  Is that an officially approved flight envelope?

just thought I'd ask.... #^

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2014, 02:03:37 PM »
Fly your Ringmaster any way you want! Just make sure you go for two minutes or twenty laps whichever comes first. LOL  y1
John Cralley
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here