News:

• April 18, 2024, 09:48:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: U-Pol Dolphin Glaze drying time  (Read 1475 times)

Offline Steve Thornton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
U-Pol Dolphin Glaze drying time
« on: August 20, 2014, 07:50:09 AM »
It's about 98 degrees here in Dallas and when I use the Dolphin glaze, I have literally about 1 minute to work it and then it is set.  Great for time efficiency but like everything else I rush, easy to ruin.  I store it in the house and have used the smallest amount of red catalyst I possible can-a dot- and still wind up wasting most of what I mix. What am I doing wrong?
Steve
"Most of us won't make it out of this world alive."
Steve Thornton

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
Re: U-Pol Dolphin Glaze drying time
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 12:46:46 PM »
its a common problem with catalyzed product,, they cant really offer slower cat ,, the only solution is to mix bigger batches and yes,, waste some,,
however that said,, there is a risk of undercatalyzed product,, its difficult to mix accuratly small batchs,, and you must insure getting complete mixing or there is a potential for non cured areas,,

I have resorted at times to refriderating the product to slow the cure time,, it does make it stiffer and harder to work with, but its an option
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: U-Pol Dolphin Glaze drying time
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 10:01:49 AM »
It's hard to mix a small batch accurately at 50:1.  I have a scale that weighs to the nearest .01 gram (they're cheap now).  That makes it possible to make a fairly small batch--2 or 3 grams--accurately enough. 
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Advertise Here
Tags: putty  glase  fillers 

Advertise Here