News:

• April 24, 2024, 05:26:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tool junkies  (Read 1688 times)

Offline Steve Thornton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Tool junkies
« on: August 18, 2014, 09:46:35 AM »
I found this website by accident and it let to well over 500,000 things to put on the Christmas, birthday, anniversary, Father's Day, Valentine's Day, or any other list that might get results!  It also gave me some great ideas for gifts to friends, son, son-in-laws, etc.  If you haven't seen it I'll bet you guys will like it too!
http://www.leevalley.com
Steve
"Most of us won't make it out of this world alive."
Steve Thornton

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Tool junkies
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 11:58:11 AM »
I am envious of Canadians, who have actual Lee Valley stores, not to mention Tim Hortons.  I got a lovely heavy straightedge from Lee Valley and some very cool planes (not air). 
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 12:21:35 PM »
But Howard, you live close to Seattle, which is the home of Starbucks, which is just like Tim Horton's except that they have much fancier bakery stuff, much fancier coffee, lots more rings in the noses of the wait staff, and a different spot to put the decimal place in their prices.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 01:15:49 PM »
Howard, come to Ohio and fly with me, I have 2 Tim Horton's within 20 minutes in two different directions!!! y1 y1
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline Kim Doherty

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 08:19:54 PM »
Howard,

Come fly with me in Toronto. I have 50 Tim Hortons within twenty minutes. (or less) Three Lee Valley Stores and three well stocked exotic wood stores within 40 minutes and a beautiful flying site 10 minutes from Niagara Falls.    :)

Check out this if you no longer want to stay married.   mw~   LL~

http://www.holteyplanes.com/

Kim.

Offline Phil Krankowski

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 04:58:47 PM »
Howard,

Come fly with me in Toronto. I have 50 Tim Hortons within twenty minutes. (or less) Three Lee Valley Stores and three well stocked exotic wood stores within 40 minutes and a beautiful flying site 10 minutes from Niagara Falls.    :)

Check out this if you no longer want to stay married.   mw~   LL~

http://www.holteyplanes.com/

Kim.

OK you win, so far.

I have a small Stanley/Bailey plane collection that gets some work done, but that is some pretty tools.

Phil

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 08:32:18 PM »
Now that Howard (apparently) has a passport, he can simply go to the WCSC in Richmond BC. Even I can show him to the Lee Valley right near Varley's hoose (sic). I've been there, but didn't buy anything. Lots of gardening items. Who needs that stuff?  n1 Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Alan Resinger

• Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 01:33:40 PM »
Kim,
When I taught wooden boat building on Vancouver Island I was teaching a strip built kayak course and one of my students had 2 of the Holtey planes.  A low angle block plane and a smoothing plane.  They were in velvet lined Indian Rosewood boxes that he had specially made for them.  He told me the 2 were worth about $5000 each.  He let me try both planes and they are indeed precision made planes but really didn't work any better than my Veritas or some of my older Stanley planes.  He didn't let the other students handle them.
Alan

Advertise Here
Tags: tools and glues 

Advertise Here