News:

• April 17, 2024, 10:40:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Member Rating  (Read 822 times)

Offline Dick Pacini

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Member Rating
« on: August 17, 2014, 07:05:02 PM »
I just realized that the member rating system is active.  I thought that was done away with some time ago.
AMA 62221

Once, twice, three times a lady.  Four times and she does it for a living.  "You want me on that wall.  You need me on that wall."

Dwayne

Re: Member Rating
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 07:09:51 PM »
Oh, oh, better watch myself...lol  <= n~ S?P VD~ LL~ #^

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 07:28:34 PM »
I hold the record before it was removed, -375

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 09:12:11 PM »
I wouldn't worry about it. The internet gives a voice to people you would never consider talking to in person. The rating system is bad for the sport anyway. You see negs and get bad vibes, you stop posting, stop building, stop going to stunt contests ect. How many good people are out there lurking because they don't want to be judged.   

MM

Offline Chris Wilson

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 04:26:35 AM »
I could invert that by saying that the internet gives voice to people that would never consider talking for fear of judgement.

Why is a rating or "karma' system intrinsically bad?

I actually support it as its totally democratic.
MAAA AUS 73427

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
 Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.  It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required

Offline Steve Thomas

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 04:59:52 AM »

I actually support it as its totally democratic.

Is it, or is it open to abuse the way things like Trip Advisor are? (Genuine question - I know nothing about member ratings and didn't realise they existed until this thread started.)

Offline John Craig

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 06:14:36 AM »
Cause more trouble than it is worth!  R%%%% The information the it purports to give is not reliable nor is it truly of any value.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 09:19:29 AM »
I wouldn't worry about it. The internet gives a voice to people you would never consider talking to in person. The rating system is bad for the sport anyway. You see negs and get bad vibes, you stop posting, stop building, stop going to stunt contests ect. How many good people are out there lurking because they don't want to be judged.  

MM

Just gives those that are inadequate in many ways, the opportunity to do damage to Robert's Forum. As many have in the past.

As you said, this prevents some from Posting. I know first hand because I received e-mails from many who admitted to not Posting because they felt they would be criticized as I constantly was.

Certainly we know what I went through with years of constant bullying, muddying up my Threads and many, of who I'm talking about, working as a team, to do whatever possible to get me thrown off the Forum and at the least get me black listed. Forum, I'm still here contributing. Black listed, I am, and there's nothing I can do about that.

It hasen't stopped me from contributing and participating in Robert's "World Class" Forum and it won't. Show me a better CL website than Robert's Stunt Hanger?

Robert understands all of this and removed that feature because innocent modelers, who were replying to my threads, were receiving unnecessary negative ratings.  

Remember Stunt Anger? These are the kind of features that will bring this back to the Forum. Just a matter of time.

I cannot imagine why it was returned? This feature offers nothing except a place for someone to display his jealously and poor character. Yes, without anyone knowing who he may be.

I told you, I was somewhere around a -375 when the feature was removed.

Could mean I'm doing something right. LL~
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Advertise Here

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.
Tags:

Advertise Here