News:

• April 23, 2024, 02:15:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Repetition makes perfect  (Read 1194 times)

Offline Sean McEntee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Repetition makes perfect
« on: August 16, 2014, 01:04:39 AM »
   Sparky made a comment in one of his other post about how many models he has built.  It was a large number, can't remember exactly how many.

When I "Lay the keel" on my next project here in a few weeks (waiting for plans to come in the mail), it will be build no 5.  An unimpressive number, I know.

This may be harder for some than for others, but how many models (and we will limit it to CL stunters) have you built in your lifetime?

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Repetition makes perfect
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 01:25:23 AM »
Limited to CL Stunters it's either 47 or 48.  My records aren't teribly clear.  That's not counting the 6 that I currently have framed up or just in white.  Or the TP that I'm currently framing (wing and fuse built).

I tent to build in spurts with dry spells in between...I know not very disciplined, for a guy who is very disciplined in other things.  Life gets in the way often!  I love to build and carve and really don't like to finish very much. (meaning, mask and paint)

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 06:43:25 AM »
Hi Sean:

When you get a moment, please give me a call.

Thanks - Bob Hunt

Offline Sean McEntee

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 12:15:01 PM »
Limited to CL Stunters it's either 47 or 48.  My records aren't teribly clear.  That's not counting the 6 that I currently have framed up or just in white.  Or the TP that I'm currently framing (wing and fuse built).

I tent to build in spurts with dry spells in between...I know not very disciplined, for a guy who is very disciplined in other things.  Life gets in the way often!  I love to build and carve and really don't like to finish very much. (meaning, mask and paint)

Randy Cuberly

Half-built models dont PCS well, so if I start something, I have to finish it.  Cant wait to get to that point in life where I can take a break on one project and start on another.  And I love building (and loathe finishing) just as much. 

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 12:29:15 PM »
I think I counted 31 models about ten years ago.  I remember the number because it came up in a discussion around a late evening bull session at Brodaks.  As I recollect,  Palko commented on how he had built three models (more or less) to get to the red e power plane he took to the Nats.  I commented that I had built and totaled 30 planes to make it to expert, an admission that had Banjock howling: "Thirty!!??  you're insane!  We would have quit at ten!!!!"

At that point I decided I really was a lot more dense than the average bear, at least as far as stunt went....!
Steve

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 04:39:57 PM »
Several years ago I counted and it was close to 50.  I have 9 right now either finished or under construction/repair/refinish.  Got to finish 3 so that I can get a couple I really want started. ;D

Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 08:06:32 AM »
I sit here this AM reading this again.   I my self do not remember or want to know how many planes I have built.   Back in the early years it was a plane for Carrier(only one class then),  Rat Racing, Combat(maybe two planes) and Stunt(sport flying as I did not do the full pattern) and a  balloon burst airplane.  Since then it has increased as the number of events increased.   Even built planes for other people.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 08:52:45 PM »

Going all the way back it has to be real close to 50 C/L finished birds for me.
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here