News:

• March 28, 2024, 03:33:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A new one for me.  (Read 829 times)

Offline Ty Marcucci

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
A new one for me.
« on: August 14, 2014, 02:22:34 PM »
 #^
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 12:54:29 PM by Ty Marcucci »
Ty Marcucci

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: A new frustration for me.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 07:28:31 PM »
Ty I too have recently noticed balance issues with spinners-mostly the big ones on that Spitfire.  Finally think I found one that runs pretty true out of three.  I think if you can't eliminate them then try to keep them small.  The needle nose jobs do mass a lot of weight out a ways in front of the prop.  Has to be much harder on front engine bearings though I have one Randy NN that runs pretty good.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 09:25:05 PM »
had an electric type spinner on my Form-S . vibrated so bad i was afraid to fly it  so made a short carbon spinner for it  problem solved
rad racer

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 10:12:59 PM »
Don't forget that non-symetrical chamfers on any of the holes (prop or spinner) works the same as having the hole off center when you're using tapered cones to locate centerline. Reducing the angle on the cones would at least be a step in the right direction, but then it would cost more for the increased material required, and the bean counters...well, you know.  S?P Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here