News:

• April 26, 2024, 11:02:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Team USA and the World Champs  (Read 54553 times)

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
Re: Team USA and the World Champs
« Reply #350 on: August 20, 2014, 11:41:16 AM »
It smells a bit like....jealousy here  ;)

Not by me I am no where good enough but I would like to see him against out top guys at our NATS and see if he gets a score. Igor has already proven he's the best in the world.
AMA 12366

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #351 on: August 20, 2014, 11:59:39 AM »
Not by me I am no where good enough but I would like to see him against out top guys at our NATS and see if he gets a score. Igor has already proven he's the best in the world.

I am sure that Igor would score well here. (I have seen him fly and he is very good) He did beat 3 of our top guys in the past two world champs but I am not sure if he could beat all of our top guys on our own turf (but he might). At the Nats he would qualify for top 20 without any trouble but anyone who has tried, knows how hard it is to get into the top 5. One mistake, is the difference between making the cut or being a spectator on Saturday. His cowl falling off would have taken him out of the contest here...

Derek

Offline Tania Uzunova

• Commander
  • It's something more about gravity ...
    • www.indoorgeebee.com
« Reply #352 on: August 20, 2014, 04:33:25 PM »
Hi, all ....greetings Igor : ))

Just a small note the cowl doesn't' fall or fly away from the model... it stays  somehow i don't know how ... over the wing , during the whole flight! So far he decide not to do any maneuvers from the pattern, even I am sure that he can do! Actually he did wingover and a loop...and I was not agree with score zero!  But back to my question ?
Is that means in AMA rules if something like that happens you will be disqualify?

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #353 on: August 20, 2014, 06:18:20 PM »
Hi, all ....greetings Igor : ))

Just a small note the cowl doesn't' fall or fly away from the model... it stays  somehow i don't know how ... over the wing , during the whole flight! So far he decide not to do any maneuvers from the pattern, even I am sure that he can do! Actually he did wingover and a loop...and I was not agree with score zero!  But back to my question ?
Is that means in AMA rules if something like that happens you will be disqualify?

Hey Tania,

My only point was that at the AMA Nationals, in top 5 qualifying, you only get 2 flights and both count for the total score. Only the top 5 move forward, so one mistake will take you out of the contest... Nothing else!

Igor is an Incredible pilot and would do well at the Nats.

Derek

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #354 on: August 21, 2014, 01:16:56 AM »
 ;D

nice theories, but:

I would really like to come to Nats, because it was perfect view to see so many models on one place. Especially in case that we europeans also participated, so it was really lot. However salaries here are not comparable with yours, so it is almost undoable for us. The same will happen with WCh in Australia.

Regarding my cowl - it was on cable, so I knew it will not fall off and I can continie flying ... but I also knew that conditions are bad (wind up to 11m/s in gusts) so I simply stopped, because I knew I can do safely next two flights better then this. So Derek, it was exactly situation you describing :- ))) I am not someone who gets points accidentally, I have more stable results then for example Alex or Richie. But why such theories? we all have some rules and we live with them, simply I did all under rules which are the same for all and simply stopped flying because I knew this flight will be lower. Nats has another rules and all do it under them. Why it should be (dis)advantage for someone? It is just necessary learn them and adopt. The only disadvantage for us could be all american judges. But I did not feel it when we flew with Alex in Muncie, so it could be only theoretical disadvantage.

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #355 on: August 21, 2014, 06:27:02 AM »
;D

nice theories, but:

I would really like to come to Nats, because it was perfect view to see so many models on one place. Especially in case that we europeans also participated, so it was really lot. However salaries here are not comparable with yours, so it is almost undoable for us. The same will happen with WCh in Australia.

Regarding my cowl - it was on cable, so I knew it will not fall off and I can continie flying ... but I also knew that conditions are bad (wind up to 11m/s in gusts) so I simply stopped, because I knew I can do safely next two flights better then this. So Derek, it was exactly situation you describing :- ))) I am not someone who gets points accidentally, I have more stable results then for example Alex or Richie. But why such theories? we all have some rules and we live with them, simply I did all under rules which are the same for all and simply stopped flying because I knew this flight will be lower. Nats has another rules and all do it under them. Why it should be (dis)advantage for someone? It is just necessary learn them and adopt. The only disadvantage for us could be all american judges. But I did not feel it when we flew with Alex in Muncie, so it could be only theoretical disadvantage.

No disadvantage to anyone. The disadvantage is to everyone equally. There is no throw away flights in the top 5 qualifying. I was just using you as an example. I am sure that you would get very big scores here if you ever came.  ;D

Derek

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #356 on: August 21, 2014, 07:28:33 AM »
I remember my Nats flight perfectly till today ... first flight 536.00 and second 536.33 :- ))))))))))))) ... no problem with stability :- )))

Online Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #357 on: August 21, 2014, 02:26:48 PM »
Thanks Paul and also all others :- ))) ... now comes time to recover to normal life :- )))

Igor,
I thought that stunt planes were your "normal" life. The thing you do for money was necessary to support your "normal" life.

BTW,  what do you do for a living?

Offline Doug Moon

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #358 on: August 21, 2014, 03:51:50 PM »

Igor,
I thought that stunt planes were your "normal" life. The thing you do for money was necessary to support your "normal" life.

Let me guess,,,,,,,Engineer????
Doug Moon
AMA 496454
Dougmoon12@yahoo.com

Offline kenny stevens

• Lieutenant
« Reply #359 on: August 24, 2014, 04:40:05 PM »
Hi All Thank you all for your willingness to help in my blunder of a first WC. I simply built a plane for smooth pavement and not rough grass. The grass circles at Muncie are better than the one's we had in Poland. Bret    The prop broke about an inch from the hub strait across like it has no carbon toe going end to end and on the second strait in impact it cracked at the hub.  The first prop strike was hard enough to twist the motor mount and motor out of the plane and toss it into the weeds.  The circles were watered down and rolled in following days but the plane was gone. The prop strike also twisted the plane enough to crack the fuse from the stab forward about 6 inches to the bottom block . After the repairs this area failed with a vary loud crack sound on the reverse wing over that sent the plan strait in . The tail section was skewered into the ground by the push rod that had both titanium ends broken.  I was shattered.   That day, Igor arranged the use of a plane from a gentleman from Germany that was only competing in the world cup but he did not speak English.  Thanks to Bruno and Henk, the next day we had a plane on the way if it would fit in the car and survive the ride from England 12 hours away and not until Sunday.   A day later Kaz offered the use of his Blue Max with a PA 75 and I almost fell over. Late that day Bena offered a brand new Shark he was taking delivery of that day.   Thank you all for your generosity that shows how special this sport is.  Having planed for electric we did not have any fuel , battery, syringe and the like .   Lauri helped with bottles and syringe and some nitro.  Kaz gave us handle lines, flight box , spare props , and any thing I needed . Keith was on a mission to get fuel that was not easy or cheep ( $ 220 US for 6 liters ) that we mixed at the field.  I ran almost 5 liters through the plane and adjusted handle and added nose weight  until the plane felt like home.  We are about to board a ship that may not have wifi for a week will right more later.   Before I go , Can you imagine lending some one your plane to fly for a week as much as they can in horrible conditions .   Thank you from the bottom of my heart so much Kaz and all that made this possible..        Kenny Stevens          

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #360 on: August 25, 2014, 12:28:32 AM »

beside sleeping? :- ))))) I am technitian (computers) and programmer (mostly databases)

Offline NED-088

• Commander
    • Heartstrings
« Reply #361 on: August 25, 2014, 12:26:07 PM »
Can you imagine lending some one your plane to fly for a week as much as they can in horrible conditions.    
Yes... of course. ;)
It was good seeing you back in the air again.  H^^

Bruno

'If you think there's something about my English, you're right. I'm Dutch... '
But I DO play Stunt and I DO fly Bluegrass.

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #362 on: August 26, 2014, 02:31:40 PM »
;D

nice theories, but:

Hi Igor

is it not harder to fly with a loose cowling  flopping in the breeze held only by a retaining cable?
I think I would have a hard time flying precision maneuvers with the cowl flopping around ??   :-)

Randy

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here