News:

• April 26, 2024, 05:30:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: C/L at Wings Over Wiscasset, Maine air show  (Read 798 times)

Offline Ara Dedekian

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • Ara Dedekian
C/L at Wings Over Wiscasset, Maine air show
« on: July 29, 2014, 01:56:30 PM »

I'll be flying C/L demos at the Wings Over Wiscasset airshow which takes place Fri & Sat Aug 8&9 at Wiscasset Airport in Wiscasset, Maine. See the web site for details. Lots going on. I'm a sport flyer, can do OK with a 'Slob, but anyone who wants to come and fly a pattern, or just fly, is welcome. We'll supply the planes.
       The show will feature some of the Texas Flying Legends's WW II fighters. They're scheduled to fly the Mustang, Avenger, Corsair and Texan. It's a small airport and you'll have an opportunity to get next to the fighters for a close up look.
       Owls Head Transportation Museum, in Thomaston, is about 1/2 hr north of Wiscasset and is having their airshow Sat & Sun, Aug 9-10. (Seems they could use an AMA contest coordinator!) The Texas Legends will be flying both shows. Owls Head opens the museum, flys some of their aircraft and usually brings in aerobatic performers.

These are great coastal communities for a family visit
       Ara 

James_Mynes

Re: C/L at Wings Over Wiscasset, Maine air show
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 11:48:21 AM »
Ara,

It was good to see you last Friday after all these years. You brought quite a collection of models with you. Thanks for letting me fly your stuff, especially the Slobs. I had flown one before, but never really 'wrung it out' like I did with yours. Tons of fun!

The wife and I will likely make the trip to Maine each summer. We'll have to stay in touch and get together for some flying next year. I might even manage to bring my own planes!

Jim

Offline Ara Dedekian

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
  • Ara Dedekian
Re: C/L at Wings Over Wiscasset, Maine air show
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 06:38:50 AM »

Jim

Great seeing you at the Wings Over Wiscassett, Maine airshow and reconnecting. Glad you were able to put up some flights.
        The State of Maine Jet Rally is up next in September where C/L will also be featured. We'll have four days of modeling and full scale activities. I'll post a notice on this forum next week after the final Rally meeting. The web site is already up, www.mainejetrally.org

Ara 

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here