News:

• March 28, 2024, 03:25:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sig Lubricin?  (Read 938 times)

Offline frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Sig Lubricin?
« on: July 29, 2014, 10:08:32 AM »
    Hello All:

Has anybody used this additive in their fuel? If so, what are your opinions of it?

I have had a quart of it in my garage for at least 3 decades.  It is supposed to keep the engine clean of carbon.  If this stuff works well, I Will not have to find any synthetic oil to add to my castor based fuel.  One is supposed to add 2% to the fuel to provide a clean engine.

Tia,

Frank

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: Sig Lubricin?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 01:53:31 PM »
    Hello All:

Has anybody used this additive in their fuel? If so, what are your opinions of it?

I have had a quart of it in my garage for at least 3 decades.  It is supposed to keep the engine clean of carbon.  If this stuff works well, I Will not have to find any synthetic oil to add to my castor based fuel.  One is supposed to add 2% to the fuel to provide a clean engine.

Tia,

Frank

No One I know uses that, it hasn't been at SIG for sale for maybe 2 or 3 decades, plus  Lubricin Flecks (makes 1000s of small flecs that look like dandruff) castor  very badly, so be careful using it

Randy

Offline Jim Thomerson

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 08:33:17 PM »
I have a similar quart.  Years ago I asked Mike Pratt about it.  He said synthetic oil worked better as a detergent.

Offline frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 07:44:35 AM »
          Hi All:

I poured out some Lubricin into a clear glass container and I did not see any flecks.

Randy, what do you mean by "be careful?" 

Can I harm my engines if I use this stuff as an engine detergent.  On the can, Sig sated that they used 2% Lubricin in all of their fuels.

Stay well my friends,

Frank

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 04:18:06 PM »
          Hi All:

I poured out some Lubricin into a clear glass container and I did not see any flecks.

Randy, what do you mean by "be careful?" 

Can I harm my engines if I use this stuff as an engine detergent.  On the can, Sig sated that they used 2% Lubricin in all of their fuels.

Stay well my friends,

Frank

Hi Frank
A very big chance You WILL have problems  with Lubricin, especially with castor fuels, i would never use it with castor, and synthetic doesn't need it, I doubt  SIG  has used  any lubricin in their fuel in decades

Randy
Randy

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 05:08:09 PM »

Lubricin was used in F2C diesel fuel  to make it easier to keep the carbon off the piston  not so much any more
rad racer

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here