News:

• April 24, 2024, 11:29:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: German Aviation terminology  (Read 4898 times)

Offline Peter Ferguson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
German Aviation terminology
« on: July 28, 2014, 09:29:54 AM »
I frequently see people using non aviation terms to describe aviation like things so I thought I would post this to help the uneducated....in German :)

German Aviation Terminology

AIRCRAFT---Der Fliegenwagen dat der puschen-pullen, bankenyanken, tailschwingen, dumbkopf ist fliegen too phast mitt all der too hardt bankenyanken dat machen allus udder pfools airszick...

JET TRANSPORT---Der Muchen Overgrössen Biggenmother Das Ist Fliegen Highernfaster mit all der Mach Und Flightenlevelen. (Uzually built by Boeing)

PROPELLER---Der Airfloggen Pushenthruster schpinnenschtick

ENGINE---Der Noisenmaken Pistonputscher Das Turnens Der Airflöggenfan Pushenthruster....she ist purdy damn phast alszo, ja !! 

JET ENGINE---Der Schkreemen Skullschplitten Firespitten Smokenmaken Airpushenbacken Thrustermaker mit Compressorsqueezern und Turbinespinnen Bladenrotors dat machen mitt der quick schnell, Ja Vohl !! (Made by Pratt & Whitney)

CONTROL COLUMN---Der Pushenpullen Bankenyanken Schtick.....

RUDDER PEDALS---Der Tailschwingen Yawmaken Werkschtompers

PILOT---Der Pushenpullen Bankenyanken Tailschwingen Werkerfool whosz gonna kill usz all iff he don't behave....

PASSENGER---Der Dumbkopf das est Strappened en der Baackenzeet mit allus udder Dumbkopfs das est Expecten to leave undt go on Scheduledtimen und Arriven mit der Luggagebags Somplacenelsz...Budt....Der ist No Way Jose'.....

STUDENT PILOT---Der Dumbkopf das Learnen all der Fliegen schidtt undt Hopen to Jobenfinden mit der big friggen Airlinen kompany zumday.

FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR---Der Timenbuilder mit less den 1000 Hrs Multienginefliegen. Teachen schtupidt Dumbkopfs to Fliegen undt machen mitt der Waitenwatchen fer der Letter mit der Joböffering frum der United Airlinen dumbkopfs

AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT---Das Grosse Overpaiden und Underwerken Whinencomplainer dat ist der Biggen-Schmuck dat Fliegen mit das Big Airlinen schweinhundts undt drawen all der bigg grossen dough...

PARACHUTE---Der flimsy Stringencottenbag das ist usen to Floaten der Tailschwingen Pushenpullen Bankenyanken Werkerfool Assz down to der Earthen ven der Fliegenwagen ist Kaputen schtoppt

FAA---Der Friggenfliegen Dummkopf Schmucks das Maken Alder Rülens und Regulations fur allus udder liddle guys

HELICOPTER --- Der Flingen Wingen Maschinen mit der Flippen Floppen Bladens dot ist Fliegen by der Dumbkopfs vas ist too Schtupidet für Knowen des Maschinens ist nein too Safen für Fliegen anyplasczelzer.
Peter Ferguson
Auburn, WA

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
Re: German Aviation terminology
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 09:35:34 AM »
Imagine if this was African aviation terminology how racist it would be. As someone with German heritage in my background I'm slightly offended and suggest this thread be deleted.

MM

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 10:32:06 AM »
Motorman- You don't have a sense of humor!  n1

I LMAO at this one! LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~

Being part Norvegin, as my grandma would say "You can always tell a Scandahoovian , but you can't tell him much"! H^^

Ty, you've got it going! ;D

Jerry

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 10:59:48 AM »
There is always one or two that are too thin skinned to see the comical side of things.    VD~ S?P
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Herb Calvin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 01:10:27 PM »
Relax Motorman and you'll live a lot longer. I'm of a German bloodline and think it is comical LL~

Offline Phil Krankowski

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 01:31:59 PM »
Reads more Swedish...like the chef from the Muppets!

Phil

Offline Steven Kientz

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 03:13:45 PM »
I studied the German language in high school, and then spent 2+years there in the air force. That is pretty much what I heard everyday from the German nationals that we worked  with. Both sides of my family came from der Vaterland, NO complaints from me!!
Steve Kientz
AMA 855912

Offline George

• Admiral
  • Love people, Use things.
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 10:17:51 AM »
...Being part Norvegin, as my grandma would say "You can always tell a Scandahoovian , but you can't tell him much"! H^^

Ty, you've got it going! ;D

Jerry

Now THAT is my kind of humor!

George
George Bain
AMA 23454

Offline Douglas Ames

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 07:30:09 PM »
Imagine if this was African aviation terminology how racist it would be. As someone with German heritage in my background I'm slightly offended and suggest this thread be deleted.

MM

Me too. My surname is English, but I'm 3/4 German.

WAS FUR EIN ARSCHLOCH
AMA 656546

If you do a little bit every day it will get done, or you can do it tomorrow.

Offline NED-088

• Commander
    • Heartstrings
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 04:34:47 AM »
Since it seems okay to offer lame attempts to humour, I'll add one too:

An American tourist in Paris orders a taxi to show him around the highlights of the city.

The taxi driver brings him to the former Place de L'Etoile and explains about the Arc de Triomphe:

'this is 50 meters high and took 30 years to complete'

The American answered: "we've got buildings that are way bigger while taking only 7 years to finish."

The taxi driver, a bit annoyed with this bragging, takes his passenger to the Ile de la Cite and shows him the Notre Dame cathedral:

'This took over 180 years to complete and remains one of the first of this size to be built in the gothic style.'

But his passenger remains true to his 'greatest nation on earth' attitude and replies: "We've got churches that are a lot bigger and most were finished in 10 years or less."

By then, the taxi driver has had enough and he drives straight up to the Eiffel tower and, without saying a word, opens the door for his passenger.

"Now what on earth is that?" the American exclaims.

In a dead pan face, the Frenchman answers: ' I don't know, it wasn't here yesterday'....
'If you think there's something about my English, you're right. I'm Dutch... '
But I DO play Stunt and I DO fly Bluegrass.

Offline Randy Ryan

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 06:18:23 AM »
As one of Irish decent, I always like the joke about the Irish road worker: How do you confuse an Irish road worker? Hold out 2 shovels and tell him to take his pick.
Randy Ryan <><
AMA 8500
SAM 36 BO all my own M's

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 07:23:17 AM »
First, I'm half German and I loved this, second, when I worked on the line crew in Sryacuse we had a contingent of German bigwigs that chartered one of our Lockheed Loadstars and the chosen pilot went out to the thing and put fake German treminology on all the instruments, such as; on the fuel guages, "Ahctune, outengasser!"  Those German folks nearly fell out of the plane laughing themslves silly.  THEY loved it, too.
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline Steve Thornton

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 10:52:00 AM »
I'm from Texas so I speak as fast as I can, but my friends up north still have to listen really slow!  You may have heard this conversation of 2 "city" Texans walking through the farm:

CM DUX
MR NOT DUX
OSMR DUX 2   CM WANGS
LIB MR R DUX

Steve
"Most of us won't make it out of this world alive."
Steve Thornton

Offline pat king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 02:40:17 PM »
I love it! #^ #^

Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2014, 07:50:51 AM »
Steve, you reminded me of a couple of classmates when I was Colobus Ohio attending an AT&T class.   A young couple from down Louisiana way and a guy from Connecticut would run around together.  During lunch they would be talking about what they had seen.   The guy from Louisiana would tell the other guy to slow down so he could under stand him.   The other guy would say well wake me up when he is done with his sentence so I can respond.   That is one of the reasons I miss the AMA moving the NATS around the various parts of this great land.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2014, 02:32:21 PM »

MM

You're actually OFFENDED?  Then in the immortal words of House...Awww you know what he says!!!

C,mon...get a life!  Jokes like this have been around for a hundred years!

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2014, 08:04:33 AM »
And the Blonde, Polish and Hill Billy will still be going strong after my spirit has left this world.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here