News:

• April 18, 2024, 08:51:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: TF Flight Streak bell crank  (Read 742 times)

Offline Carl Cisneros

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
TF Flight Streak bell crank
« on: July 27, 2014, 05:49:44 PM »
what bell crank do folks use to replace the original unit?

thanks
Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB

Offline Phil Krankowski

• Admiral
Re: TF Flight Streak bell crank
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 08:04:18 PM »
The included bell crank is "fine" and should have several hundred flights in it at least.  The big deal is the cables are laced directly through the holes so eventually the cables will "saw" into the bell crank.  It is nice and accessible at least, so replacing before failure is easy.  Whatever you use you should bush with some brass tubing. 

I am using Brodak 3 inch nylon bell cranks in my scratch built flite streaks, and will probably leave the ARF crank alone as the life expectancy of the plane is expected to be low in my hands.  If anything I will re-terminate with brass tubing over the wire as it passes through the bell crank on the ARF.  If the plane lives through my learning the full pattern I'll replace the bell crank!

Phil

Offline Carl Cisneros

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 11:16:15 PM »
Thanks much Phil.

will more than likely go ahead and mod the bell crank with tubing.
Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 11:41:00 PM »
My ARF Oriental, still in the box has a 4" bellcrank and ugly crimps. I think the kit has a 3" crank. I plan to leave the 4" crank in it and redo the leadouts with brass tube and wire wrap. Also CF to replace the control rod. I want this to be my main flyer for a long time. I won't be starting with it as a beginner so I'm hoping it'll be my contest plane when I graduate from the Skyray. I've been collecting a file full of advice to strengthen various other parts of this ARF. Probably not too much different from the Streak. The Streak looks like a wildly fun plane to fly, though a bit twitchy for the pattern flying I'm working at. But I'm disguising my current Skyray build as a Streak so to the casual observer it will appear to be a Flite Streak.
Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Offline Bob Hudak

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 08:54:54 AM »
The original bellcrank on one of my ARF Flte Streaks wore the center pivot, pushrod hole and leadout holes. I replaced it with a Brodak 3" nylon bellcrank.
Bob

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here