News:

• April 23, 2024, 02:38:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Donations needed  (Read 511 times)

Offline Ron Cribbs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Donations needed
« on: July 20, 2014, 01:42:29 PM »
Hello,

The folks over at the Cox Engine Forum are having a 1/2A profile scale reed speed contest this fall.

I was asked by the CD to be the prize coordinator for the event, usually we request prizes from ExmodelEngines and/or Cox International. However seeing as we beat those two up pretty bad I decided to ask here and on Stuka Stunt for help.

We are looking for prizes to award to the top three contestants. Anything anyone could provide would be most appreciated. Since this is a Cox Engine event, donated items of a 1/2A nature wether it be kits, engines or parts would be most welcome.

So, if anyone has anything they would like to see go to a good home please let me know here or through PM. If anyone wishes to speak to me in person please send me a PM for my phone number.

Moderators, if this post is out of line or belongs in another category please let me know.

Respectfully,

Ron Cribbs

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
Re: Donations needed
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 12:04:04 AM »
I hope it's okay to add to Ron's post. This is another "Postal" contest like the one we had this Spring, where we submit our best run via Youtube video. We started off pretty clueless about 1/2A speed, but this go-round the competition should be a little hotter since most of us now know more about how a speed plane works and how to fly them. A couple of experienced speed enthusiasts like Paul Gibeault and Larry Renger were gracious enough to volunteer as judges to review the videos.

We were pretty unpolished last time, but we learned a lot and I believe the competition will rise to another level this time. Though Cox power is required to compete, many of us are interested in Norvel and  other tiny screaming machines too. I will, however defer entirely to Ron's ideas regarding the nature of the prizes.
Rusty Knowlton

DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here