News:

• April 16, 2024, 01:49:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lots of Flying...Wed Night Piston Poppers Fly ...ongoing Stunt Practice)))  (Read 2593 times)

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
    • Sean Emery funny guy juggling and stuff
Wednesday Nights is the regular go-to nights when we get out to the field as a club. This Wednesday was just awesome. Yes, I said awesome. No wind to speak of, cool and the guys that showed up got to grab the handle and lines several times.
Bob, John, Keith and myself were the lucky ones there. Thanks again for mowing Bob!
Stunt practice, racing laps and John flew Keith's Hotshot and Keith flew my Bi-Slob.
Whoooooo Buddy. This has been such a fun flying summer and I am starting to feel that I am improving a bit.
Carry forth.
Shug

More stunt practice with the Chipmunk. I bought this plane from Bob and it was set up to be very responsive so I added nose weight.
Went for several patterns and engine runs.
Started going for a few maneuvers I had never done. Mainly the outside square loop. Well I got a few but kept going for it. I paid the price for my unbridled enthusiasm.
Already under repair.
Hey....you have to crash to get better. Or so I have been told. Just part of it.

Got the Prowler fixed up after the crash and still working on these Stunt Patterns.
Learning to fly these stunts correctly is WAY MORE difficult than one could imagine watching someone do this. Between having the guts to go for it, getting the shapes and intersections right, getting the airplane trimmed out, the engine running just right, the physical action of the body, the hand and arm movements on the handle, the mental focus, the inner dialogue whilst flying and the good landing.
It is much like juggling and is actually helping me improve in that area too. Practice is Essential.
Well.......and....it is just plain fun too. Pun intended!
Also a chance to be outdoors and not wasting life in a chair.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 04:32:27 PM by Shug Emery »
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Well I am going to blame you and the piston poppers for me getting out and flying.   Can't leave out Dave Trible either as he got us a circle to use.   I loaded up the mower and went out to mow.   Got the mowing done and pulled the Cardinette out of the Ford and put up several flights.   Have not really gotten used to the little 4 stroke.   It is so much fun getting out and flying with no worry about if the pattern impressed the judges or not.  Think of those poor slobs in Muncie right now trying to get the best out of their planes, no matter if it is stunt, carrier, scale, combat and racing.  Maybe I'm getting old, but it is great to fly when I want and not fly if I don't want to.  Anyway keep the videos coming.

The Cardinette is a design by Bob Zambelli.   Plans from Brodak.   It flies better each time I fly it.   Especially now that I have it on 52 foot lines.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
Too bad about the Chipper.

As Windy always use to say.... "Save all the pieces"
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
Well I am going to blame you and the piston poppers for me getting out and flying.   Can't leave out Dave Trible either as he got us a circle to use.   I loaded up the mower and went out to mow.   Got the mowing done and pulled the Cardinette out of the Ford and put up several flights.   Have not really gotten used to the little 4 stroke.   It is so much fun getting out and flying with no worry about if the pattern impressed the judges or not.  Think of those poor slobs in Muncie right now trying to get the best out of their planes, no matter if it is stunt, carrier, scale, combat and racing.  Maybe I'm getting old, but it is great to fly when I want and not fly if I don't want to.  Anyway keep the videos coming.

The Cardinette is a design by Bob Zambelli.   Plans from Brodak.   It flies better each time I fly it.   Especially now that I have it on 52 foot lines.
I really like that Cardinette. They don't have a kit do they?
So glad to hear your getting out to fly some more and going on your own time. Makes these videos seem worthwhile. Get the old guard excited to fly))))
Thanks Doc

Too bad about the Chipper.

As Windy always use to say.... "Save all the pieces"
Already got it fixed! Not pretty but ready to fly once again. Took out some lead in the tail too.

Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
And.....
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Online Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
Gitter-Dunn! LL~
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
Gitter-Dunn! LL~
Eager to git the Chippy back up!
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))

There is a passed out monkey off your outboard wing in picture 2))))) ;D
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Oh, Shug, yoohoo! Been wondering...are there any videos on UTube of your professional act? So, you juggle...and cook BBQ? For Barnam & Bailey, or what? You don't have to tell us, but maybe some of us could catch your act and buy some BBQ?  :) Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
Oh, Shug, yoohoo! Been wondering...are there any videos on UTube of your professional act? So, you juggle...and cook BBQ? For Barnam & Bailey, or what? You don't have to tell us, but maybe some of us could catch your act and buy some BBQ?  :) Steve
Alrighty then....you asked)))))

BBQ....

Show stuff.....

« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 08:16:47 AM by Shug Emery »
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
I have went to You Tube and seen Shugs antics.   Now the monkey if you look close is missing an arm.   It is a toy the dogs play with.   Had it up on the trampoline so I could mow back yard.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
I also looked at Shug's videos...he's got the eye/hand coordination to be flying Expert in a year. Just needs a coach and to learn trimming. Keep it up, Shug!!!   #^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
I also looked at Shug's videos...he's got the eye/hand coordination to be flying Expert in a year. Just needs a coach and to learn trimming. Keep it up, Shug!!!   #^ Steve
I intend to work hard. Continue to fly and fly this Summer. Build this Winter.  Come back next Spring with renewed vigor.
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Hey, you can still fly during the winter if there is not a blizzard happening.   Used to do it quite a bit when I had someone to fly with.  Then he and I would stop at local restaurant for pie and hot coffee.  Just need a little nitro in the fuel and fresh starting battery.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
Hey, you can still fly during the winter if there is not a blizzard happening.   Used to do it quite a bit when I had someone to fly with.  Then he and I would stop at local restaurant for pie and hot coffee.  Just need a little nitro in the fuel and fresh starting battery.
The lake I live on freezes up well ...it is Minnesota. I'll get a circle going there for sure.
Also saw this indoor control line.....
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
If you do a search on this site and some others be sides You Tube you will find that is big in some parts of the countries on the other side of the big pond.    But, he only did 1 1/2 laps between the Hour glass and over head eight.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
If you do a search on this site and some others be sides You Tube you will find that is big in some parts of the countries on the other side of the big pond.    But, he only did 1 1/2 laps between the Hour glass and over head eight.
There are indoor flyers here in Twin Cities. Gonna look into getting one of these.
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
I here ya Doc. I have lost all my flying fields close to home and have to drive 56 miles round trip to fly at Salina's club field. I have not flown much this year because of that and other things that get in my way, but in the long run it has been good for me. We can get so caught up in things that they begin to control us and it takes the fun out of it. I have at this point no interest at all in flying competition. After my heart attack 2 years ago it kind of changed my perspective. I do find when I go flying I am enjoying it much more just flying with a couple of friends and not trying to improve or anything but having fun. It may all change with time but that is where I am right now. My building room walls are covered with trophy's from both R/C and Control line and they do give me many fond memories of my competition days. I think Shug is showing us the way to start having fun with control line again.
Jim Kraft

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
I here ya Doc. I have lost all my flying fields close to home and have to drive 56 miles round trip to fly at Salina's club field. I have not flown much this year because of that and other things that get in my way, but in the long run it has been good for me. We can get so caught up in things that they begin to control us and it takes the fun out of it. I have at this point no interest at all in flying competition. After my heart attack 2 years ago it kind of changed my perspective. I do find when I go flying I am enjoying it much more just flying with a couple of friends and not trying to improve or anything but having fun. It may all change with time but that is where I am right now. My building room walls are covered with trophy's from both R/C and Control line and they do give me many fond memories of my competition days. I think Shug is showing us the way to start having fun with control line again.
Sorry to hear about the HA...but perspectives do change do to something like that. Glad to hear the fun is back for sure. I am having fun...but also taking learning the pattern seriously...but it has to be fun whilst doing it. We can all get caught up in thinks too much at times. It's our personalities that make is get deeply into things!
In hammock camping I am in deep and am thought of as an expert. Not so I say...I just do it a lot and learn from my failures and success's. It has been fun to be back at this hobby and be "New" again. Sometimes it takes new blood to shake up the joy. We have a fresh eye on how much of a good time this control line flying really is.
Thanks for commenting.
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here