News:

• April 24, 2024, 06:41:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Another great day  (Read 682 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Another great day
« on: July 14, 2014, 02:36:34 PM »
Even tho it was cut short by Mother Nature, I had another great day of flying at Dave Trible's circle.   George Hostler was in town visiting relatives.   So at 0800 or there abouts we were headed to the field.  A surprise was my Grandson James asking to go along.   We got to the field and lines attached.  I flew first and then my grandson flew.  George got his stuff ready and flew.   He only got a couple of flights on his plane as there was only one bolt still holding the old McCoy on it.   So him and James flew my Ringmaster.   After that I showed them why they should get their handle adjustment right and that the wind is not what caused them to bruise the grass.   Got to the shop after dodging the rain and remounted George's engine for him.  Also advice to go to 60 foot lines for .35 size planes.

Pic 1:  George's Ringmaser
Pic 2:  George getting ready to fly
Pic 3:   James my Grandson helping George
Pic 4:  George flying
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
    • Sean Emery funny guy juggling and stuff
Re: Another great day
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 03:56:05 PM »
Glad that you got out with the Grandson and got the handles full and the planes circling. It does me good to read that those like you that have been in the hobby for a lifetime still get excited about getting out to the field for a day of flying. Speaks well of this control line thing we do.
Reckon that feller George was a big plus as well.
Shug
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 05:05:07 PM »
George is a great builder. i really like that RM. great to see you had fun with the grandson doc!

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 07:49:48 AM »
Nice looking field Doc.

Good to see your grandson has an interest.
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 08:08:21 AM »
Well yesterday Grandma was trying to get James to do his chores and he kept stalling.  I finally said if the chores get done we will go flying.   An flying we did.   Lost count how many flights he made, I know I only got maybe 5 flights in.   Was having him do climb and dives.   Then told him to try holding the plane up high for several laps each climb.   Last couple he was doing wing overs.   Had a surprise visiter while we were flying Dave's Son-in-law shows up.   His flight didn't last long as he took the rudder off the plane trying an outside loop.   It will still fly.  We were flying my versions of the late John Lowrey's Stuka Profile.  Last flight I told the grandson he was looking like he was getting tired as the plane was not holding level and was all over the place.  So we called it quits for the day.  By the way treated ourselves to ice cream cone from McDonalds on the way home. 

Side note, was letting him fuel up the plane each flight.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
    • Sean Emery funny guy juggling and stuff
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 09:31:06 AM »
Well yesterday Grandma was trying to get James to do his chores and he kept stalling.  I finally said if the chores get done we will go flying.   An flying we did.   Lost count how many flights he made, I know I only got maybe 5 flights in.   Was having him do climb and dives.   Then told him to try holding the plane up high for several laps each climb.   Last couple he was doing wing overs.   Had a surprise visiter while we were flying Dave's Son-in-law shows up.   His flight didn't last long as he took the rudder off the plane trying an outside loop.   It will still fly.  We were flying my versions of the late John Lowrey's Stuka Profile.  Last flight I told the grandson he was looking like he was getting tired as the plane was not holding level and was all over the place.  So we called it quits for the day.  By the way treated ourselves to ice cream cone from McDonalds on the way home. 

Side note, was letting him fuel up the plane each flight.
I love this Doc. This is how we get 'em in the hobby. Set the hook. Let then fuel up and eventually show them how to repair. A right goodie.
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here