News:

• April 24, 2024, 02:17:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Happy 4th - Weekend flying and projects  (Read 565 times)

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Happy 4th - Weekend flying and projects
« on: July 04, 2014, 06:24:53 PM »
Guys,
Hope you have been having a great 4th. Thanks to all my fellow Vets for your service.

Had a great morning flying, got the Bipe through a few patterns, spent some time with great friends. Lots of fun.

Got a non flying project done - converted the old gas grill to use charcoal. Pretty simple, remove all the gas guts, put a heavy duty aluminum tray in the bottom and add charcoal. Worked great! One trick if you are going to do this you will need a set of Security Torx bits (these have a hollow point) to get the gas valves off. Sears has these Craftman part # 25702.

Have a great weekend - fly, fly, fly.

Best,     DennisT

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
Re: Happy 4th - Weekend flying and projects
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 07:58:57 PM »
Flew twice today.... flew the Spitfire, P-40 and the RV-4 today getting ready for the CL scale Nats!

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 08:21:32 PM »
I'm all preflighted for tomorrow's fun fly at my flying club. I'll be the only control liner out there, and everyone lands so I can fly, so all eyes on me. I hope I'm entertaining. I'm taking my Yak-9 which hasn't flown but a couple of times since I finished building it early this Spring. Hopefully it won't get shot down, flying at a military installation on the Fourth.  LL~ I'll try to get a couple of patterns flown on the Ray, and hopefully some video.

Dennis you did the best thing that can be done to a gas grill. We tried one years ago and went right back to charcoal. The best use we ever got out of the gas grill was when Hurricane Hugo blew us back to the stone age for two weeks.

Happy Fourth. Have fun!
Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 09:03:47 AM »
Just told the wife about the conversion to charcoal with a gas grill.   The one that was given to us for hauling it away.   No flying today because of thunder storms and lightning threats plus gusty wind.  Yesterday was spent fixing or trying to fix the Fox .25 that has went sour on me.   Same on George H. flew when he was here.  Doesn't want to keep running inverted on a Stuntin Ringmaster.   Have raise the tank and it doesn't help.  May go the other way as I have another that did that until I lowered the tank.  Sorry for taking space on the post.  Hope all had a great forth.   The races were great at the stock car track and seen a father and son hadn't seen for years.  Fire works were great too.   They had all our veterans and servicemen and servicewomen stand to be honored.  Still can't thank them enough.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags: fun 

Advertise Here