News:

• April 19, 2024, 09:12:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: On the road again.....  (Read 880 times)

Offline John Miller

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
On the road again.....
« on: June 28, 2014, 08:08:14 AM »
Today, we set our sights on returning home. Since attending Brodaks, we traveled south to Alanta for my Mother in law's 90th. birthday party for about a week. Next we traveled down to Florida, to visit Walter Umland a couple of days. We're heading out this morning for home in Salt Lake City, this morning.

We'll start out following I-10, at least to Mississippi. the begin moving up to I-20 then I-40 to Flagstaff, where we'll turn north towards home.

It's  been  a very nice trip, but I'm ready to head for home. #^
Getting a line on life. AMA 1601

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: On the road again.....
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 08:51:21 AM »
Hey John, it was great getting to see you and the misses at Brodaks.   I bet she is as ready to get home as you are.   And HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY to Your Mother-in-law.   I still miss mine as much as I do my real Mother.  Have a safe trip home and watch out for drivers like me. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline De Hill

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 12:00:20 PM »
Hi John,

It was good to see and talk to you, your new wife, and to see the world's most spoiled dog at Brodak's. You are getting around great!

It's good to see you fly again.

De Hill

Today, we set our sights on returning home. Since attending Brodaks, we traveled south to Alanta for my Mother in law's 90th. birthday party for about a week. Next we traveled down to Florida, to visit Walter Umland a couple of days. We're heading out this morning for home in Salt Lake City, this morning.

We'll start out following I-10, at least to Mississippi. the begin moving up to I-20 then I-40 to Flagstaff, where we'll turn north towards home.

It's  been  a very nice trip, but I'm ready to head for home. #^
De Hill

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 05:22:25 PM »
There's a lot of "new news" in John's post...but I guess a belated "Congratulations!!!" is ok?  H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline John Miller

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 04:42:11 PM »
Thanks all for your comments. Man, you got the dog down right, she's just too sweet for her life as the worlds most spoiled dog. It's gotten so bad that she wants us to believe we have to hand feed her.

With all the best intentions, we deviated from our planned route home. instead we traveled the Florida Panhandle and spent a night in a friends beach cabin in Navarre. Then through Mobile and into Mississippi where we stopped to visit Joy's, and now my, niece and  nephew. He's a Captain in the Air Force, stationed at Columbus. We visited there a few days before heading north up through Tupelo.

We wound up with a tire problem just a few miles north of Memphis. it seems the tire outlets all seemed to close at 6:00 PM, so we camped out in the Goodrich parking lot, and enjoyed a great thunder storm.  After getting a  new tire, we hooked up on I-40, heading west. We stopped at Fort Smith because the other tire, on the other side was acting up. Apparently I hit something on the road in Florida, that was sharp, and hard enough to cut through most of the  redial steel ply in both of the front tires. Yeah , I remember hitting it hard, I should have inspected it right there, but as it went, it all worked out.

We left Fort Smith, without seeing the Fox factory.

We stayed on  I-40 till Gallup, where we headed north through 4 Corners, then into Cortez Colorado. a left turn there got us into Utah. I wimped out, and couldn't stay awake, so we stopped In Price Utah where we watched te 4th. of July fire works from the  camper. We arrived safe, and rested around noon the  next day.

I kept looking through Oklahoma, to see if I could spot any club fields. None were found.
Getting a line on life. AMA 1601

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 07:58:47 AM »
I am glad the three of you made it home safe and sound.   Nothing like tire troubles when traveling.   The Tulsa field is just off the highway a bit.   I imagine Bob would have put you up for a couple of days.  The Oklahoma City field is no more as far as I know.   You were too far south to wave at me as you cross into Oklahoma.   Hope to see you all in the future and it is true some dogs rule the roost.   
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here