News:

• April 19, 2024, 12:02:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 4Strokes at Brodaks  (Read 3998 times)

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
4Strokes at Brodaks
« on: June 16, 2014, 07:18:47 AM »
Just have to post this..

From what I saw there were only two 4 strokes entered at Brodaks, Joe Gilbert with a Saito 40 on his T-6 flying Expert Profile and my Saito 56 in the Latency flying Advanced CLPA. Both won the events they entered  ;D

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
Re: 4Strokes at Brodaks
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 11:25:03 PM »
that sounds cool. i prefer four stroke engines. I'm slowly converting what i have, and the kits i am in the process of, will have a four stroke.
this is the ringmaster tri45 from Pat King. it has an os 53fs.
i am working on the ringmaster x-wing biplane from Pat also. it will have a saito golden knight.

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 08:42:46 AM »
Just have to post this..

From what I saw there were only two 4 strokes entered at Brodaks, Joe Gilbert with a Saito 40 on his T-6 flying Expert Profile and my Saito 56 in the Latency flying Advanced CLPA. Both won the events they entered  ;D

That's what I'm talkin about !!! #^
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
    • Sean Emery funny guy juggling and stuff
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 09:15:41 PM »
Is there anyone currently selling Saito .40s for control line...that may have some in stock.?
Having a hard time hunting one down.
Thanks for any info.
Shug
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 02:28:18 AM »
Is there anyone currently selling Saito .40s for control line...that may have some in stock.?
Having a hard time hunting one down.
Thanks for any info.
Shug

In my opinion you would be better off buying the RC version and making my mod to the RC carb. I saw a new Saito 40a in the Brodak hobby shop while I was at the Fly-In and Horizon has them listed as in stock for $169.99.

Offline 55chevr

• 2016 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 04:07:53 AM »
I did what Bob suggested ... RC Saito 40 and had him modify the carb ... use it on a Smoothie and I get perfect runs.  This is a set and forget it system.
Joe Daly

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
    • Sean Emery funny guy juggling and stuff
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 07:11:11 AM »
In my opinion you would be better off buying the RC version and making my mod to the RC carb. I saw a new Saito 40a in the Brodak hobby shop while I was at the Fly-In and Horizon has them listed as in stock for $169.99.
I appreciate that Bob. That I shall do.
Is there a link to that mod on this site?
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 08:58:24 AM »
I did a How-To and posted it on our clubs web site. It was for the larger engines but the 40 is done basically the same, just use a 10-32 nylon screw instead of a 4-40.

http://www.tulsacl.com/SaitoCarb.html

If you search this site for my posts on the 40 you will quickly find why I like the RC version over the CL version. One of these days I will gather the info into one post and maybe we can talk Randy into making it a sticky.

Offline Andrew Tinsley

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 11:28:00 AM »
I have a Saito 56 control line version. If you followed the Saito break in instructions, It simply would NOT work! RPM were too high and there was no way you could reduce it except a finger blocking most of the venturi! I borrowed an R/C carb to run mine in. I then went back to the control line setup. The results were pretty rubbish. I did what Bob tells you to do and it was like night to day. Bob's set up is definitely the way to go.

Andrew.
BMFA Number 64862

Offline Mike Alimov

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 03:31:38 PM »
Just have to post this..

Bob, looks like you placed 1st in Advanced at Brodaks in 2011...  Why not move up to Expert?

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 04:28:14 PM »
Bob, looks like you placed 1st in Advanced at Brodaks in 2011...  Why not move up to Expert?

Good question, I really didn't feel like I could even place. First PA official at Brodaks this year was the 7th flight I have flown in the last two years and 4 of those were with my Classic airplane. Was just lucky to fly what the judges were looking for. Also I didn't run away with the win , 7 points separated the top 5 in Advanced and I won by only 3 points. Same as my 2011 win, should everyone in the top 5 move to Expert? Any one of the top 5 or 6 could have won just by scoring better on a single maneuver or a few appearance points.

I really was just lucky to win, on my Classic flights and my second PA official I made mistakes an Advanced flyer shouldn't make. Landing at the bottom of the hourglass isn't something you normally see in the Advanced circle  ''

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 05:14:17 PM »

I think he should stay in Advanced and move up to the 72!! ;D
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here