News:

• April 18, 2024, 12:41:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Control position calculations  (Read 1626 times)

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Control position calculations
« on: June 11, 2014, 06:20:31 PM »
Guys,
I'm getting a little lazy as we start building season in FL and was wondering if anyone has a simple spreadsheet that they could post to calculate control component sizes. I would like to be able to input the bellcrank size (leadout hole to hole), bellcrank throw length, the bellcrank pivot length, the flap horn length, the tail horn length. What I would like to get as output is based on the input layout geometry, if the bellcrank swings say 45 degs how much does the flap deflect, how much does the elevator deflect and how much leadout movement results.

I'd like to be able to try different combinations of throws and horn lengths to get a starting setup point. Anyone done this?

Best,         DennisT

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Control position calculations
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 08:28:57 PM »
Howard Rush has posted a spreadsheet, but it was a while ago.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 04:46:10 PM »
Tim,
I saw Howard's thread but I didn't see a spreadsheet just output graphs. Howard's calculations sounded like it was pretty involved and did a lot more than what I'm looking for. I was hoping to be able to fine a simple spreadsheet or at least the equations to relate the bellcrank movement to flap and elevator deflection.

Best,       DennisT

Online Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 05:29:12 PM »
Tim,
I saw Howard's thread but I didn't see a spreadsheet just output graphs. Howard's calculations sounded like it was pretty involved and did a lot more than what I'm looking for. I was hoping to be able to fine a simple spreadsheet or at least the equations to relate the bellcrank movement to flap and elevator deflection.

Best,       DennisT

If you wish, I'll send you one.  It doesn't relate bellcrank movement to flap and elevator, because that's irrelevant.  If you don't like it, feel free to use one of the many incorrect ones extant.  Contact me by email.  I don't check here often.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Advertise Here

Advertise Here