News:

• April 17, 2024, 09:04:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Saito .56B & .62B...  (Read 2373 times)

Offline Joe Yau

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
    • My CLPA Channel
Saito .56B & .62B...
« on: December 20, 2013, 05:04:36 PM »
Just wondering if anyone would know the difference from the older .56 & .62 version vs the new "B" version?
like in performance, weight etc..

Thanks in advance

Offline proparc

• Admiral
Re: Saito .56B & .62B...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 05:43:21 PM »
Don't know about performance but, the B's have the new crankcase with a different prop drive gear train for lighter weight. Real reason is simpler and cheaper manufacturing.

Below are photos of the new and the old.
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Joe Yau

• AMA Member
  • Captain
    • My CLPA Channel
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 11:32:21 AM »
Don't know about performance but, the B's have the new crankcase with a different prop drive gear train for lighter weight. Real reason is simpler and cheaper manufacturing.

Below are photos of the new and the old.

Thanks Milton.  so maybe the cam is different? or is still interchangeable.

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 03:48:33 PM »
Thanks Milton.  so maybe the cam is different? or is still interchangeable.

I would assume that is exactly the thing you couldn't change on them. But, I could be wrong. They may be interchangeable. Techs at Horizon would know for sure. There were also compression changes made to the motors to accommodate the Americans lust for nitro. Saito was selling motors over here like gangbusters, and they had to take care of this market.
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 08:29:09 AM »
I would assume that is exactly the thing you couldn't change on them. But, I could be wrong. They may be interchangeable. Techs at Horizon would know for sure. There were also compression changes made to the motors to accommodate the Americans lust for nitro. Saito was selling motors over here like gangbusters, and they had to take care of this market.

Higher compression may be good for the RC guys but my guess is it isn't something we want in our CL engines. Every one of the Saitos I run (except for my first 62) were bought used either from eBay or at a swap meet. If you are a little careful you can like new engines for a really good price.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here