News:

• March 28, 2024, 05:06:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Question For Action ED  (Read 15261 times)

Offline proparc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Question For Action ED
« on: December 09, 2013, 11:19:36 AM »
When someone submits a plan to you for lasering, what should the persons CAD drawing look like?

Could you post a picture of a CAD drawing ready or acceptable for lasering?
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Action Ed

• New Pilot
    • Lazer Works Engraving and Design
Re: Question For Action ED
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 05:19:03 PM »
First let me apologize for not having responded to this question sooner. I realize it's been awhile.

We've just been busy and haven't really been keeping up with the forums. But let's answer the question:

When someone submits a plan to you for lasering, what should the persons CAD drawing look like?

Could you post a picture of a CAD drawing ready or acceptable for lasering?

Actually, we do not accept CAD drawings for laser cutting. I know that a lot of modelers spend considerable time drawing whatever project they're working on, but in the big picture, unless you actually work in a laser cutting industry, most CAD files are not ready for laser cutting. For this reason we do not accept CAD files.

We only accept paper plans that we digitize for laser cutting ourselves. And no, we're not making copies of your plans. And the plans belong to you, they would be returned to you with your orders.

Eddie  H^^

Offline proparc

• Admiral
Re: Question For Action ED
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 08:14:42 PM »
That makes a lot more sense considering all the requirements for laser cutting,(polylines, eliminating hidden gaps,double lines etc.)

Sooo, in short, all we have to do is go to Kinkos, and make a paper drawing of our CAD file and send it off to you.
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here