News:

• March 28, 2024, 11:51:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AD Skyraider For Saito 4 Stroke.  (Read 6256 times)

Offline proparc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
AD Skyraider For Saito 4 Stroke.
« on: November 30, 2013, 07:30:57 AM »
I just want to say thanks to Bob Reeves for starting the idea for a 4 stroke powered Skyraider for CL Stunt. As of yesterday, the plane is finished at this point, I could go to construction. I will simply be doing more follow-on CAD work for the CAD section. I shared some technical and design details about the plane with John Miller so he could see where I was going with it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 12:16:33 PM by proparc »
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: AD Skyraider For Saito 4 Stroke.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 10:10:59 PM »
   Hey Milton;
     What is the status of the Skyraider? Just strolling through some threads and revisited this one. I have just one suggestion if the plans are not finished yet. Narrow the landing gear just a bit, and turn the axles so they point out. Skyraiders have a gear that retracts rearward and rotates 90 degrees. There is a gear door/fairing on the front face of the landing gear leg and the wheels face out. To me it's all a big part of the look of a Skyraider. Let me know if things are progressing. I'm interested in a set of plans.
   Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 07:45:19 AM »
Well, the plans were finished but, as to your langing gear suggestion-likey likey!! So I will jump on that. I won't move on this bad boy until I can get it laser cut,(not getting any younger lol).
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Gordon Tarbell

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 09:49:31 AM »
Nice work Milton! Love the Skyraiders and Maulers. They were Bad *ss birds. I look forward to seeing this project in finished form. Planes and or short kit would be great.
Gordon Tarbell AMA 15019

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 06:35:52 PM »
   To me, that is part of the great look and appeal of the airplane. With the wheel face pointing in, it's like it's pigeon toed or something, just doesn't look right The Corsair is the same way. I have Don Hutchensin's  plans for his profile, plus plans for the Midwest kit. So whether it's yours or a bashing or the other two, I intend to do me a Skyraider! Hopefully with the bee sliding doen the lightning bolt on the tail! Flying Models had Don Typond's version also, need to revisit that one.
   Keep me posted if plans are ever available, or even if you can email a file for them.
   Thanks a lot,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline George Albo

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 07:22:36 PM »
I just want to say thanks to Bob Reeves for starting the idea for a 4 stroke powered Skyraider for CL Stunt. As of yesterday, the plane is finished at this point, I could go to construction. I will simply be doing more follow-on CAD work for the CAD section. I shared some technical and design details about the plane with John Miller so he could see where I was going with it.

you posted this in 2013,  how far did you get? did you ever build the Skyraider? If so, wann post some pics and of the final plans if any?

Looks great. I know, I'm a day late, old post ...yada yada yada,  lol

Thanks

George Albo
Darkness is dispelled with acts of kindness and selfless good deeds.

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 08:46:53 AM »
you posted this in 2013,  how far did you get? did you ever build the Skyraider? If so, wann post some pics and of the final plans if any?

Looks great. I know, I'm a day late, old post ...yada yada yada,  lol

Thanks

George Albo

You don't have to apologize at all. In fact, you are posting this at a pivotal time in my model airplane career. I am about to relocate to a house that should have all the room I need for building. I am going to have to concentrate on the hard-core competition ships first (I am long over due lol) but, after that, the semiscales will come. Since there was so much interest in the Skyraider, I will focus on that first instead of my Focke Wulfe 190,Yak 9 etc.

What you saw here is what I would build on. I would not need anything further to rock and roll on the Skyraider.
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline George Albo

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 06:03:57 PM »
You don't have to apologize at all. In fact, you are posting this at a pivotal time in my model airplane career. I am about to relocate to a house that should have all the room I need for building. I am going to have to concentrate on the hard-core competition ships first (I am long over due lol) but, after that, the semiscales will come. Since there was so much interest in the Skyraider, I will focus on that first instead of my Focke Wulfe 190,Yak 9 etc.

What you saw here is what I would build on. I would not need anything further to rock and roll on the Skyraider.

It seems that you are about to build my two other favorites as well, the Yak-9 that appeared in FM back in late 70-ish, and the FW 190d.

Great, looking forward to following your progress as you go forward. I'm certain there are others waiting as well. GOOD LUCK with your new home!
George Albo
Darkness is dispelled with acts of kindness and selfless good deeds.

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 08:44:40 PM »
It seems that you are about to build my two other favorites as well, the Yak-9 that appeared in FM back in late 70-ish, and the FW 190d.

Great, looking forward to following your progress as you go forward. I'm certain there are others waiting as well. GOOD LUCK with your new home!
George Albo

Thank you for the nice comment about the new home. Just for that, I am going to show you a pic of my Yak 9 plans. #^
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here