News:

• March 29, 2024, 01:42:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: COMO .51  (Read 2515 times)

Offline Andrew Saunders

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • 2013 Nats
COMO .51
« on: August 17, 2013, 06:05:16 PM »
Where can i find an owners manual for the COMO .51? Even if its a PDF file.

Offline Hoss Cain

• Captain
Re: COMO .51
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 03:48:29 AM »
Where can i find an owners manual for the COMO .51? Even if its a PDF file.

Good question. The Como series of engines were simply a spin-off of Super Tigre and the .51 was/is as good as the ST. 51 which is definitely as good as the all-around engine gets. Comos are Super Tigre with a mask on. The only exception IMO is the .90 which was a tad less that the current ST 90 of the time period.

Years ago, World Engines ( long gone) held the import rights for Super Tigre engines. World Engines was a distributor. WE spawned Indy RC as an outlet supplier with typical lower pricing. Indy RC was swallowed up by Horizon as Horizon and Great Plains swallowed up the entire U.S. modeling industry.

During that time period, and with GP's purchasing WE's import contracts for 10 Million yankee-greens the Como was spawned to assist WE and Indy afloat until Horizon gobbled up Indy. I have a GUFF (replica of the original, first RC in USA) which is powered by a COMO .60. Not run in over 6 months, fired right up and flew just yesterday, 8-17 at Jetero RC's Wounded Warrior Assist Fly-In.

I will check in my storage for any NIB COMO and a manual. May not have any as I seldom ever keep such. LATER!

Horrace Cain
AMA L-93 CD and Leader
New Caney, TX  (NE Houston area)

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 05:16:26 AM »
theres three variations or more on the Como 51 .  :(

this is the case for the Baffled / Ring version , near identical to the same ' 40 ' .

Another picture showing the concave ' plug - in ' head .

Theres a a.B.C. Version of this case , stamped ABC I believe , on the side of the mounting lug . Dunno if baffled , presume Flat Top Piston ? .

Then thers this sucker , ABC Schneurle , Flat Head - bit like a later ' X ; series Super Tigre . Piston level with top of liner at T.d.C.

though theres likely a Ringed version of this . was a Test of a ' Stunt ' ( control line ) version in the pommy Aeromodellor magazine  .
B.H.P. readings at 2 & 4 stroke , shortish parralle; sided intake , spraybar through / center .

The ringed baffled ones came with a leaflet with the parts numbers on it . I have a few 51s & 40s .
Good to use for a twin m as the combined displacement is actually UNDER 15 cc / 90 Cu. In. This could lead to a few interesting arguments .  ;D

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 05:18:21 AM »
Id thought them based on the G - series ( G 40 R case ) etc , modified , but appear to be aligned to the Bull Ring , at least the later schneurle ones .  n~

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 05:25:54 AM »
Unless you mean one of these ,  n1

" o motor ta como novo " .  '' %^@

Offline Mike Greb

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 05:46:07 AM »
I had a como 51 that ran extremely well as a stunt motor, the ringed baffled version.  That was until I had someone put a new ring on it, then it did not run very well at all.

Offline Brian Hampton

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 11:00:13 AM »
Woops, the Como 40 review above brought it to my attention that I'd messed up the Como 51 test so it's now fixed. I'll give a link to the index in case anyone wants to read other engine tests.
http://sceptreflight.net/Model%20Engine%20Tests/Index.html

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here