News:

• April 24, 2024, 03:58:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Re: Three Classic Airgoils  (Read 1448 times)

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Three Classic Airgoils
« on: February 19, 2013, 07:40:26 PM »
That thread seems to be closed, but after reading it I found something interesting.  I pasted the 632A015 airfoil into a scan copy of the MAN Nobler plans.  The plans show an airfoil that looks like the 63 foil, but has the highpoint pushed forward, may to 20-25%.  From about 50% chord it has about 2% reverse curve to the flap hinge.

I built the Top Flight early kit years ago and remember it as having a flat section from about 50% chord to the flap hinge.  It was possible to build it flat on a board with some rib shimming.

So the whole discussion is a bit confusing.  Seems like for many pre-CAD plans the plans were more the draftsman's interpretation than an exact set of plans.  Could be why I switched to building more from patterns and dimensions than trying to build on plans.  Foam wings help.

Phil C
phil Cartier

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Three Classic Airgoils
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 10:53:06 PM »
Is an airgoil anything like a gargoyle?

I've taken to building more with a tape measure than a plan, except for the parts with swoopy curves.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here