News:

• April 19, 2024, 06:48:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Saito 50  (Read 1999 times)

Offline Paul Allen

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Saito 50
« on: November 04, 2012, 12:25:09 PM »
Guy's trying to track down a gasket set for the Saito 50.
Thanks
Paul
In OZ

Offline PatRobinson

• AMA Member
  • Commander
Re: Saito 50
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »
Hi Paul,
No answer for 6 days is probably because control line flyers here usually discuss using the Saito 30-40-56-62-72 so they have no experience with a "50". I never even knew there was a 50.
Maybe, some RC guys may have some experience with a 50 and could weigh in.

The obvious answer to your question is go to whoever is the equivelent of the US distributor Horizon Hobbies in your part of the world. However, when I looked at gasket sets on Horizon's website it was confusing because they use a 2 letter code "AA" or similar but I could not find which gasket fits what engine. So you have to figure out what code letters equals your engine and then check your distributors website for availability.

The other option is to send the engine in for service to replace the gaskets and then it becomes the service centers problem to find the right gaskets.    Good Luck.
                                                                       Pat Robinson

Offline Paul Allen

• 2014 Supporters
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 02:22:44 AM »
Pat
     I posted here just to find out who would stock the parts,I think I read somewhere
that the 50 saito has the same case as the 56,if I could confirm that, it may make it easier to
get the gaskets. As far as the letter code goes I think "E" is what I need.
Thanks for your interest
Paul in OZ

Offline Chris Wilson

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 07:09:43 PM »
The 50 (discontinued in 2007) and the 56 have differing weights and bores but the stroke and external dimensions are the same.
MAAA AUS 73427

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
 Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.  It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required

Offline Paul Allen

• 2014 Supporters
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 02:13:59 AM »
Ordered gasket set through local hobby shop,had it in a week.
Great service.
Paul

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here